cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Route not pulling through to Outbound Delivery type HOD created via MIGO Return Delivery

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am unable to link an Outbound Delivery (type HOD) to a Shipment via VT01N because the ROUTE is blank in the delivery (and hence the delivery is not Transportation Relevant).

This outbound delivery (type HOD) was created via MIGO > Return Delivery

All the Route determination configuration has been done in :

• SPRO > Logistic Execution > Shipping
  • SPRO > Logistic Execution > Transportation

A Transportation Zone has been added into the Customer Master

I have also defined a Weight Group in SPRO (just in case) - as I understand, it is not mandatory to have a weight group for route determination - but I had to maintain it, to ensure that the route appeared in table TROLZ.

Is there any other configuration required to ensure that a Delivery can be added to a Shipment ?

Any suggestions ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Check what value you have in field Copy Routine of section Proposal of your Shipment Type.

To check this; SPRO - LE - Transportation - Shipments - Define Shipment Type(TCode 0VTK)

Hope that field is not blank .

Ideally, for Copying Route from delivery doc to shipment doc copy of route, it should ideally be 2: Route.

Thanks, JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jyoti,

This field is currently set as 7 : Service Agent/ Route.

But the route does not pull through into the delivery itself i.e field LIKP-ROUTE for my delivery = BLANK. This is why I am wondering if I am missing any config for route determination in the delivery itself.

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

There are many in SCN and SAP Help for Route Determination. For configuration and determination logic for Route, please refer following SCN wiki link.

Route Determination In Sales Order - ERP Operations - SCN Wiki

If you still have specific following the same, please revert back.

Thanks, JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jyoti, Thank you for the link - see my comments/questions below, next to each Step :

Step: 1 - Define Modes of Transport

DONE

Step: 2 - Define Shipping Types

DONE

Step: 3 - Define Transportation Connection Point

No Transportation Connection point defined – is this mandatory?

Step: 4 - Define Routes and Stages.

Route defined

Step: 5 - Maintain Stages for all Routes.

No Stages defined - is this mandatory?

ROUTE DETERMINATION

Step: 6 - Define Transportation Zone

DONE

Step: 7 - Maintain County and Transportation Zone for Shipping Point.

DONE

Step: 8 - Define Transportation Groups.

DONE

Step: 9 - Maintain Route Determination

DONE

Go to Customer master data. In Address of General data. Enter the Transportation Zone id. and save

DONE

Additionally :

• I also maintained a Weight Group (but without any weight limitation) - Path: SPRO - Logistics Execution - Transportation - Basic Transportation Function - Routes - Route Determination - Maintain Weight Group

• I then assigned this weight group to my Route (to ensure that the route appeared in table TROLZ – because one of the SCN links mentioned that Route Determination for a DELIVERY created via MIGO, will reference table TROLZ)

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Transportation Connection Point

Stages for all Routes.

Weight Group

Yes, they can be optional.

DELIVERY created via MIGO, will reference table TROLZ

Not really.

Check whether other info is getting determined in Delivery.

Thanks, JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jyoti,

We ran this MIGO > Return Delivery in debug mode and MIGO calls the following 2 function modules : RV_WEIGHT_GROUP_DETERMINE and SD_ROUTE_DETERMINE

When reading the first FM, it finds a Weight Group. It then tries to determine the route based on that weight group, from table TROLZ (in the second FM).

So, when I maintained an entry in SPRO under 'Route Determination with Weight Group (Delivery)', with the Weight Group it found above (via the first FM), the ROUTE pulled through to the delivery successfully.

From what I can see then, it seems like if there are Weight Groups maintained in SPRO i.e in table TVLG, then MIGO will do a check on weight groups.

In my case, I am not sure which other area of the business uses the weight groups defined in table TVLG - so although, I do not really want it, I cannot get rid of it!

Currently, the weight limits applicable to my delivery type happen to be included in the existing weight groups on TVLG - which is why it is working now.

Any suggestions on how to change this dependency on existing Weight Groups?

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Refer SAP Consulting Note - 99848 - Route determin. does not take weight group in acct

Thanks. JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jyothi,

This note seems to be regarding incorrect route determination based on weight groups.

In my case, the route determination based on existing weight groups is working fine - it's just that I wanted to somehow 'ignore' weight groups if possible and simply determine route ONLY based on the points below.

I would have tried the option of clearing the weight group config (so that table TVLG is blank) and see whether MIGO will skip the weigh determination FM check - but I am not sure what other areas of the business might be utilising those weight groups..

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. In std way, if you want to determine route in Delivery, you can't ignore weight group.

2. If you want to ignore weight group, then you have to rely on route determination carried out in sales order and getting copied in delivery. Where, Route determin. field with selection list under Document section od Delivery Doc Type (oVLK) will play a vital role.

3. Alternatively, have one open-ended weight group figures that can accept any figure for weight. Say, Upto 999,999,999 TO (Tonnes).

4. Moreover, if non of above std solution is applicable, then in that case probably you can try for enhancement to control the std behaviour.

Thanks, JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jyoti,

Thank you for the reply.

I think I will have to go for the open ended weight group option. There is no Sales Order in my scenario, as I am creating this Delivery via MIGO, with reference to a Goods Receipt Material Document linked to a Purchase Order (i.e I am doing the return based on the original GR material document linked to the original PO on which the materials were received).

Now that I have managed to pull through the route, I need to find a BAPI that can do this Return Delivery creation via MIGO. Do you perhaps know if there is any existing BAPI for this ? I have also posted this as a question in the MM forum..

Any advise is welcome.

thanks.