cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Hybris Billing and SAP BRIM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am working on the SAP BRIM solution for some time now, and now with the Terminology change need to understand , whether it is just the Name change of SAP BRIM to Hybris Billing or any sort of architecture also changes from Customer (SAP CRM) side or , rating(CC)side or  billing side(CI).

Taking an example of an IDEAL BRIM scenario,

Do we keep using SAP CRM for Order management, CC for Rating and charging and CI(ERP) for billing.

Do we have any standard documentation available , as when i search in the marketplace i was only able to find SAP Hybris Marketing and also does the SAP Hybris marketing has anything to do with SAP Hybris Billing?

Please share your thoughts and views?

Regards,

Mohit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

From our integrator/implementation consultant/development perspective there is no big change, Hybris billing is just BRIM upgrade with Hybris Marketing.

But, from customer perspective it's huge change - customer IS (information system) becomes marketing oriented (modern organization science prefers marketing oriented functional structure of companies in comparison to traditional organization that was production oriented).

When asked by customer what are the benefits Hybris Marketing you can say:

The SAP hybris Marketing platform provides you with a single enriched customer view, sophisticated means to predict customer behavior, and real time targeting. The solution offers the following options to support your customer engagement:

• Data Management
  • Segmentation
  • Recommendation
  • Campaigns
  • Insight
  • Planning

As of Release 1.1 SP07 of SAP Assurance and Compliance Software, you can use the detection and investigation capabilities of SAP Fraud Management from SAP hybris Marketing 1505. SAP hybris Marketing Customer Data Management uses SAP Fraud Management in Sentiment Engagement and Contact Engagement to run detection methods for detecting unusual interactions in social media.

This social media screening functionality is a feature of SAP hybris Marketing.

Since until now, I have not been involved in any implementation with Hybris Marketing I can offer you just links to official documentation that is offered in SAP Help portal:

- SAP hybris Marketing – SAP Help Portal Page

- Integrating SAP hybris Marketing - Setting Up SAP Fraud Management - SAP Library

- BC Set and Customizing Activities for SAP hybris Marketing Custo - Business Content for SAP Fraud Ma...

- Content for SAP hybris Marketing Customer Data Management - Business Content for SAP Fraud Managemen...

With this addition, SAP Hybris billing solution becomes tool of business process re-engineering.

Best regards,

Mario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Mario ,

I will go through the lnks you have shared , in case you come across any more information please feel free to forward me on mohitsinghsap@gmail.com

Former Member
0 Kudos

No problem, I'll share it with you on email too but preferred way is to share here so it stays for other community members that will face similar issue.

Also, if you find out that you have enough information to accomplish your task, indicate it with status of this question - "answered".

That way you send message to other community members if information in this thread is complete or they have to search other sources for additional information...

Cheers and good luck with implementation.

When finished, community will be more than grateful if you share your experience in some document, or  blog post here.

Mario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sure Mario,

Actually we are trying to undserstandthe process in order to DEMO to our some of our existing clients who have shown some interest in this solution, and for the e2e demo we need to set up the environment,reason why i opened this thread.

I guess need some work to do here.

Thanks for your expert inputs i will keep you posted.

Mohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohit

It's great that you are trying to (a) understand the name change & architecture implications & (b) build a system to demo to your prospect.  But please remember that SAP is here to help you & your prospects in this demo-process.  hybris Billing has a Sales/Presales/Solution mgmt team that now numbers almost 40. It is the role of this extended team to understand the customers' scenarios & show how the e2e process or specific components within that can add value to (y)our customers. So, reach out to your local presales or sales contact & we will see how we can help with any genuine opportunity for engagement.

I don't know which region you are in, but if you share that, I can get the correct people to be in touch.

Mike Woodward.

hybris Billing Global Presales, (based in UK)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again Mohit

I just thought of something else that is another answer to your range of questions.  In any internal system landscape or customer's implementation, you should always "strongly consider*" starting with the hybris Billing RDS = Rapid Deployment Solution. A description of it can be found at SAP Service Marketplace - Billing & Revenue Innovation Management ironically still under the old Branding!  This has content not just for each module, but also for realising the integration content, so you would save so much time by using this.

[* another way of putting this is "you'd be mad not to...!!!]

BR

Mike Woodward.

hybris Billing Global Presales

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,
we are all familiar with RDS for Hybris Billing (former BRIM).

Do you want to say that this RDS now includes integration of Hybris marketing with SAP ERP, CC and CRM?

Br,

Mario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mario

I am so glad that everyone knows about the RDS (as they should) - it was just that nobody had mentioned its relevance to this "demo set-up" question.

Your other question  re "integration of hybris marketing" is more intriguing & I think it is worth another thread...!

All I can say is that I have heard of no plans in this regard, but I am now minded to contact "Mr RDS" in SAP & ask that question...

I will advise, if I am allowed.

BR

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nobody mentioned RDS because focus of Mohit question is integration of "BRIM" with Hybris marketing into Hybris Billing - that's how I understand him.

Cheers,

Mario

0 Kudos

Hello,

There is another RDS for hybris Marketing, which includes as optional the integration with CRM and with ERP and:

- Configuration-based integration into network systems via SAP Convergent Mediation by DigitalRoute

- Out of the box Integration into SAP hybris Billing (formerly BRIM).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shared link to documentation will be appreciated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mario

I've looked only in the public domain & this is the only hybris Marketing RDS description I could find:  https://websmp106.sap-ag.de/~form/handler?_APP=00200682500000002672&_EVENT=DISPLAY&_SCENARIO=&_HIER_...&

This has the CRM integration listed.  The CM & yB integration is mentioned in the slides 35-36 in slide-deck "CEI_HANA_CEI11V5_Cust_Pres.ppt" in the "more Info" link https://websmp106.sap-ag.de/~form/handler?_APP=00200682500000002672&_EVENT=DISPLAY&_SCENARIO=0110003...&

BR

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is great!

Mohit check references Mike provided.

There you can find documentation for Hybris Marketing RDS.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm sorry for offtopic, experts, but do you know where can I find the documentation for Hybris Billing?

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos

Sankalp,

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-61983 - Convergent Charging

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-61984  - Convergent Invoicing

Start from there first.

Thanks,
- Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm sorry for offtopic, experts, but do you know where can I find the documantation for SAP BRIM and SAP ByD integration?

Thanx in advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Experts it really helps a great deal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

There you can find few words regarding the issue -

From my perspective, architecture didn't changed, just another option in solution offered -

SAP Hybris Marketing.

Cheers,

Mario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Mario,

I have read through your expert comments  , So basically the  Induction of SAP Hybris Marketing in to formerly known BRIM has conceptualized the idea of SAP Hybris Billing and of course rebranding for BRIM, ryt ?

-Can you pleas guide me to somekind of a flow to depict where and how the custtomers gets created and flows to CC and CI and other master and transancion data?

-Does CRM goes off as a front end or does SAP Hybris Marketing sits in from of SAP CRM, if yes then how does this flow happens?

any SAP standard Documentation can you pelase share or guide me towards it?

Regards,

Mohit

stefan_kiene
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Mohit,

for the current releases, that have been part of BRIM (CC 4.0, ERP EhP7, CRM EhP3), there's no change in the high-level architecture.
This means if you run hybris Billing, you can still integrate to SAP CRM Order and Contract Management. If not desired you can also manage customers and subscriptions in another system and push them into the set of interfaces available in ERP serving as a single point of entry for the customer master data. ERP will forward the data into CC that is needed for setting up the accounts and subscriptions for being ready for rating.

Best regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks stefan,

-I am looking for a standrad BRIM/Hybris architectute where Hybris and CRM will both be used(one of them, now how to do the integration do you have some technical information like on how to join the Hybris and CRM system(midleware/rfc/wsdl), does Hybris also need to be talking to CC and ERP if we do not have CRM???

-Once we join how would be the data flow, could you please depict a simple flow with a business example.

-What purpose does the induction of Hybris serve, i mean what would be the benefits that we can quote to our customers?

-Example- in my current project we are feeding the CRM system from a third party ordeering interface(custom),now here the the BRIM act as a backend for initiating the Subsription based business, as i said that we have a custom home grown applciation that is exposed to our partners and wil feed the BRIM system(CRM-->CC-->CI).

Regards,

Mohit