Regarding the upgrading the ECC6.0 system to EHP7
- During EHP7 upgrade going on production system whether we will be able to move the transport request into production?
- As when we did the EHP7 upgrade testing during that time Initialization, Extraction, Configuration, Checks and Preprocessing taken 21days how we can reduce this as we have chosen standard installation and not advanced installation. As we don’t want to have business impact for performance during EHP7 upgrade going that’s why we have chosen standard installation so that it will utilize minimum resources. And also whether business will function as normal during EHP7 upgrade going during pre-processing phase?
- As we are taking daily production backups whether we will still be able to take the production backup during EHP7 upgrade is going on? If yes, then whether it will be possible we can restore this backup just in case if we have any problem during pre-processing going on. And we don’t want to have business data to be in risky situation without backups.
- And also we have DR for our production system whether we can still continue replicating the logs files on DR server during EHP7 upgrade going on? Or we will have to stop the DR during EHP7 upgrade started? Or we can stop DR only during actual downtime or execution phase when shadow instance will overwrite the actual system.
- And also just in case if something goes wrong during upgrade going as it is creating shadow instance and all the changes are in shadow instance is it possible to remove the shadow instance or undo the EHP7 upgrade?
- And also after upgrading our test system to EHP7 after running SGEN we got syntax error for 421 objects. Do we will have to fix this before we can release the system for functional team testing?
- And also we have 4 application servers configured for our ECC6.0 production system with MaxDB as database and we will like to run EHP7 upgrade only on CI system and not on application server. So whether there will be any problem if we don’t use application server during EHP7 upgrade going?
Reagan Benjamin replied
1 - The system will allow users to bring in transport requests until the lock development phase.
Users will be able to access the SAP system until the downtime phase.
2 - You can take database backup whenever you want. As long as you have the log and data backups you will be able to do point-in-time recovery.