cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time estimation for WebDynpro component

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am very new to WDA. If any body have idea about time estimation for ABAP webDynpro component based on complexity, please let me know.

Format of writing technical spec for WDA component?

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Rajesh yadla.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh Yadla ,

Yet there is no any <b>Time-estimation matrix</b> is developed to calculate time for WebDynpro ABAP work .

But I there are couple of factors based on which you<b> can develope your own</b> matrix kind of thing.

I can tell you I am doing Dynpro Developement of around 5 view and with interacton with client we have Give 110 men days for this single application

<b> Now how I have calculated it ?</b>

Answer

1) I first of all which <b>UI elements will be used and how much we Dynpro t</b>eam is Aware of It and How mwuch they are complex to use

2) Is there then other depedancy like A ) <b>Client want Classes and methods</b> to be developed and calling methods on click of button

B) It was depedant over one <b>workflow also</b>

So when things are clear about what functionality these 2 things will have my developement was useless

3) how much awareness my consltnant have about <b>OOABAP and basic ABAP stuff that I need in project.</b>

4) Most imp is <b>Businees logic</b> and what exaclty client want ?

how I will do it Dynpro ? Which Dynpro to go for WD ABAP or Java ( In my case we choosed ABAP is find it easy to play in ABAP enviro only ,)

5 ) How many views you have ( genrally 5-6 days for view ) , how much Data transfer among views and Windows you need .

6) Is developent need some backgrond RFC ,BAPI to be implementd .If yes how much time they will take ( In my case I am implementing for mySAP SRM which dont have many table and data which client So I wrote RFCs )

7) Another factor is Documention and following Quality norms . Time for that too.

This overall turns into final time you need .

Time being this much only .

<i>Hope this will give you clear idea.</i>

<b>

Cheers

Parry</b>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Based on my last 8 months experience I will say Time estimation for

WebDynpro ABAP based on

1) Number of Views

2) Complexity of UI elements involved in Development ( In case if you want ALV rows with same content to be clubbed , or On click of alv change in Business Graphics element like Gantt Chart )

3) Complexity of Business process and Extent to which client want it to automate.

4) Another issue is Documentation of WD ABAP objects , as in case of WD ABAP object documentation approach entirely different from conventional ABAP documentation.

5) Understanding of client Business process , visualizing it and designing it in Web Dynpro context

6) How much information you have about data you want put in context and with which database tables , fields , R/3 servers it has interaction.

Hope this answer will help you.

Cheers,

Darshna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

The given link will give the correct answer for your question. I think this will solve your problem also.

<u>

Warm Regards,

Vijay