Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Table maintenance generator blank entries in Key fields

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear ABAP Guru's,

I maintained values at Domain level and created TMG successfully for my Ztable .

All the possible values(Maintained in Domain level) are displaying properly in drop down in TMG.

but in drop down we will have a option with blank .  so when user select blank  it is saving with blank value (even though it is key field).

So could you please suggest any possible way to avoid the blank in drop down during Table maintenance or best way to proceed.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Sankarbabu

5 REPLIES 5

ipravir
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

A very simple way could be, make the field mandatory, so without any value input, user cannot save the data in TMG.

Regards,

Praveer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sen,

It is already a key field. But still i am able to save by selecting blank value from drop down in TMG. It is any another alternative apart from writing routines?

Thanks for your reply.

Regards,

Sankarbabu

ipravir
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

SPACE cloud be a value. That's the reason, its saving the information with SPACE.

If you want to do with codes, then you can write your checking in EVENTS of TMG.

You can write your code on any one of below event

SE11->TMG(on menu)->Environment->Modification->Events

01Before saving the data in the database
05Creating a new entry

Regards,

Praveer,

0 Kudos

Hi Sankar,

By standard, the list box will have space as one more entry. We can't remove that. If required, we can add the validation in PAI section, once the empty value is selected, system can throw the error.

Regards

Rajkumar Narasimman

kiran_k8
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sankar,

Do check the documentation as attached.

K.Kiran.