Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP PO Single stack Migration

geetanshi_kakkar
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am working in one of migration project where we are migrating the objects from SAP PI 7.1 to SAP PO 7.4 single stack.

As I have not done migration from Dual stack to single stack so need your valuable inputs on same.

I would like to know the strategy  I need to follow for same.

I am also aware of Migration tool for Directory Objects ( Standard Conf. scenario to ICO automatic conversion ).

I will be using the following approach :

1) Export and import of ESR objects (standard approach no change)

2) Conversion of  the ccBPM scenario to BPM using iflows .

3)ID objects migration using migration tool ( POP262).

4) Migrate Sender agreement of standard all config scenarios.

5) For ABAP proxies and IDoc we will migrate the Receiver agreement.

6) Mass communication channels for channel migrations.

7) Java mapping and adapeter modoules need to be recompiled.

However I have following doubts:

1) What will be the SLD approach for migration? Do any changes required for migration in sld?

2) Can we directly select the Configuration scenario in migration tool or we need to do the migration object by object. e.g First sender agreement receiver agreement Receiver deter and Interface deter. Please clarify this?

3) Do we need to migrate the channels before or after Configuration Scenario migration? Please clarify this.

Request to please add any points which I have missed out or I am not aware.

Thanks

Geetanshi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

pvishnuvardan_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Geetanshi,

Please find below the answers to your qureries:

1) What will be the SLD approach for migration? Do any changes required for migration in sld?

Yes, you can use export & import options available in SLA, as Inaki said.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwesrce/helpdata/en/43/da21ba13660aa5e10000000a1553f6/content.htm

2) Can we directly select the Configuration scenario in migration tool or we need to do the migration object by object. e.g First sender agreement receiver agreement Receiver deter and Interface deter. Please clarify this?

Yes, you can select the configuration scenario in migration tool to migrate respective configuration scenario objects to Single stack version. If you see in migration tool, when you select a configuration scenario and press next, then it will show you the scenario matcher, when you press next, then it will convert the scenario to single stack version object.

No, you don't have to select object by object. Just when you select either configuration scenario or sender agreement, Receiver agreeement(for scenarios where sender agreement is not available), then proceed further, then the migration tool itself create a ICO object for the same.

3) Do we need to migrate the channels before or after Configuration Scenario migration? Please clarify this.

In Migration tool, you have the option of migrating communication channels. But we normally go for this, when there is a massive change in the channel parameters, and also more number of channels you need to migrate.

Normally, during migration of a scenario, we will migrate the configuration scenario and after it successfully migrated, then a channel template will get created in the new system. We will login in and navigate to that channel, and maintain the respective development channel parameters accordingly.

Please refer migration tool document, which will guide you for migrating objects to single stack version.

Regards

Vishnu

geetanshi_kakkar
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks a lot for your Quick responses. All responses are quite helpful to me

Few more clarifications:

1) In SLD for Technical System and Business systems of type ABAP we will use the same RZ70 from ECC approach to Change the Business system name during imports in new SAP PO system. I think same approach will be used here as well?

2) As we are migrating from SAP PI 7.1 to SAP PO 7.4 we don't need to change the code for Java mappings and Custom modules. Just need to re-deploy? Please clarify this.

3) For converting ccBPM into BPM  Where I will get the Integration pattern for  standard BPM as mentioned by Nitin. Please clarify.

Thanks

Geetanshi

Message was edited by: Geetanshi kakkar

nitindeshpande
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Geetanshi,

Please find below my responses -

1) In SLD for Technical System and Business systems of type ABAP we will use the same RZ70 from ECC approach to Change the Business system name during imports in new SAP PO system. I think same approach will be used here as well?

I meant, if you change the Business system name, then the existing proxy interfaces in PI 7.1 will be affected. Because the proxy setup will be same for both the systems. Hence suggested to use the same Business system name of ECC system.

2) As we are migrating from SAP PI 7.1 to SAP PO 7.4 we don't need to change the code for Java mappings and Custom modules. Just need to re-deploy? Please clarify this.

AFAIK, there is no code change required, but recompilation is required as the java versions will be different.

3) For converting ccBPM into BPM  Where I will get the Integration pattern for  standard BPM as mentioned by Nitin. Please clarify.

Here you will find the example patterns -

Regards,

Nitin Deshpande

pvishnuvardan_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Geetanshi,

For java mappings, since you will use transport ESR content to new system, you don't have to do anything else for java mappings apart from this.

For custom modules, yes I think you need to deploy in the new system.

As roberto said, there is no standard tool to migrate ccBPM to NWBPM. You need to configure the ccbpm scenarios in new system as NWBPMs. For some ccBPM scenarios, you can use the standard modules provided by SAP to achieve the same functionality as that of ccBPM scenarios.Just google out the corresponding interface requirement, can be fulfilled by standard modules or not.

Regarding SLD content, if you follow export & import approach, then that will be sufficient I guess.

Regards

Vishnu

nitindeshpande
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Geetanshi,

Points to add are the configurations to be done on the ECC side -

1. IDoc configurations, like creating the Port, RFC destinations, Partner Profiles etc

2. Proxy configurations - Both the PI systems needs to be connected from/to single ECC system, as all the interfaces will NOT be migrated at once. And the existing interfaces on old PI system must be kept running.

In SLD, you also need to setup the Transport object configuration, for the new PO systems. Please create the Technical systems and Business systems of ECC systems in SLD with the same name as they were created in old PI system.

And about the ccBPM, they must be re-built using Netweaver BPM. For this, there are integration patterns available for all the standard types of BPMs, you can use them and edit according to your need.

Apart from this, i did not do anything else for my migration project. ccBPM to NW BPM is bit challenging and you will enjoy doing it.

Regards,

Nitin Deshpande

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Geetanshi,

I think you are doing a new installation and migrating the objects form the old PI 7.1.

First of all the basis team have to create the  business systems and technical systems. Later you have to export your products components and to import from:

2) Can we directly select the Configuration scenario in migration tool or we need to do the migration object by object. e.g First sender agreement receiver agreement Receiver deter and Interface deter. Please clarify this

No it's not necessary. With the scenario all the objects will be migrated.

At the same time as i said in the previous question. The other tool is used more frequently when you want for example to change N channels to inactive, more than migration time.

Hope this helps.

Regards.