cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which tool is preferable to use to model cross component business process management OR process orchestration.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've been using SAP PI middle ware as an Enterprise Application Integration platform. The Enterprise Service Builder is the tool where we create all the necessary objects (Datatypes, Message Types, Mappings -operation/message etc). The Integration Builder is use to integrate all those components (business systems, business components, communication channels etc.).

Finally I want to model all the components as workflows through Process Orchestration, so just want to get a feedback which tool is preferable to use, OR which area needed to be targeted to design the workflows.

What is scope of the TCode se32 and SAP Net weaver development studio in this discussion. Can anyone please elaborate?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

nitindeshpande
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Naveed,

Let me tell you Cross Component Business process management (ccBPM) is the BPM which was using the standard notation of BPEL. And this was used in lower versions of PI and continued in dual-stack of higher versions of PI. In all these versions, the BPM was part of Integration Engine (ABAP Stack)

In single-stack versions of PI, like PO 7.3, PO 7.31 and PO 7.4, the BPM is part of Java stack and these systems have pure java installation. And the BPM in case of dual stack is Netweaver BPM and it is based on Business Process Modelling Notations 2.0 (BPMN 2.0).

ccBPM had to be designed in the ESR of PI system and Netweaver BPM have to be designed in NWDS tool. And this is the best tool to be used.

Hope this answers your question and provides some insights about the BPM.

Regards,

Nitin Deshpande

rcsegovia
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Iqbal,

my few cents:

regards,

Roberto.