SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CWM in IS-Retail

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP Masters,

I'm new to IS-retail, and our new client is into retail, specifically 'farm' -> food service -> restaurant.

I've read in many articles that one of IS-retail's limitation is co-product.

I'm planning to use CWM to those items such as slaughtered cow into say 20 different VERP being processed by the food service from the farm.

Is CWM possible in IS-retail?

If not, I'm planning on doing GI for the whole slaughtered cow, then GR on the 20 VERP into the same site. But with these, I cannot use the master data for PP.

Can you please give me some inputs on how can I best deal with this please?

Thank you in advance!

Best Regards,

Kristine

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Tobias_König
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Kristine,

"CWM can only be activated and used in the industry version of SAP ERP. Within an SAP

ERP system which is used as a Retail-system, CWM cannot be used."

You can refer to SAP Note 863498  - functional restricions in SAP Catch Weight Management

Regards

Tobias

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Tobias_König
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Kristine,

"CWM can only be activated and used in the industry version of SAP ERP. Within an SAP

ERP system which is used as a Retail-system, CWM cannot be used."

You can refer to SAP Note 863498  - functional restricions in SAP Catch Weight Management

Regards

Tobias

0 Kudos

Hi Sir Tobias,

thank you for this. though it's sad.

We could just simply GI the whole then GR the different cuts and input costs according to ratio. But, can you give me any suggestions on how I could about this considering that we have to use PP upon transforming the whole meat into different cuts?

Best Regards,

Kristine

0 Kudos

Hi Kristine,

maybe two other approaches that could be verified, if they meet your requirements:

- Check, if an external in-store Food production tool is an option (there are standard interfaces and certified tools, check In-Store Food Production Integration - Enterprise Services WIKI - SCN Wiki

- SAP Consulting developed once a "In-store production scenarios for SAP for Retail" package with enhancement to meet requirements like yours. You could get in touch with SAP Consulting representatives to check, if this is an option for you.

Regards

Tobias

paul_gendreau
Contributor
0 Kudos

Kristine:

please consider

Meat processing starter pack service for SAP for Retail solutions. • Support for preconfigured in-store production ...

- Paul

0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

that was exactly I was referring with to "In-store production scenarios for SAP for Retail package". Not sure, what the "official" name is at the moment.

Regards

Tobias

0 Kudos

Hi Tobias:

Thanks, but you pointed to a standard interface in Enterprise Services.  My suggestion is not that at all.

50108914: Meat Processing Starter Pack for SAP for Retail is not a standard product and it is not an interface. This is an offering in SAP Services Catalog.

This service helps solve the often requested processing of prime to retail cuts in meat and fish handling.

Using this service, customers can gain access to a solution pack for meat processing within SAP for Retail solutions that is customized and simplified for grocery retailers' stores. The link between the buying article and the selling articles provides full cost and stock transparency and additional vendor batch information. In addition to documentation, the service can deliver a prototype setup at the customer's system, including an initial how-to-use workshop.

- Paul

-------------------------------------------

Paul R. Gendreau, Jr.

SAP Retail

0 Kudos

Was refering to it in my second option, as I had two approaches in my post...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much Sirs for you input. It is very much appreciated and useful.

0 Kudos

Hi Kristinie,

Please look at the below link. I think we can use IS-CWM with other IS solutions.

https://scn.sap.com/message/14551370#14551370

Regards,

Srini