cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loading Contacts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hybris Marketing has a standard file load process for contacts. The default layout includes fields id_tw (twitter) id_fb (Facebook) and id_gp (Googleplus.) These three fields are used in the creation of a unifoied contact (golden record). It also says that fields must match CUAN_S_CE_IC_EXT_FAFL. The load will write data to CUAND_CE_IC_ROOT.

When I examine CUAN_S_CE_IC_EXT_FAFL. and CUAND_CE_IC_ROOT I do not find these three fields. How are these fields being used? Where are they stored if niether of the targets contain them?

Thanks

Cliff

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183196
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Cliff,

yMKT has standard process of loading contacts and interactions. It is documented in the inbound interface guide which you can find under : SAP hybris Marketing – SAP Help Portal Page

Please note that the standard import hard codes ORIGIN_ID to "SAP_FILE_IMPORT" which documented in the above inbound interface guide.  In customer projects, you typically load 3rd party data as interactions using SAP Service Marketplace - rapid data load for SAP hybris Marketing or custom ABAP reports. 

Yes default layout allows for id_tw, id_fb, id_gp but they are NOT used for creating golden record. They become FACETS (multiple identities of the same person) which is stored in CUAND_CE_IC_FCET.  The golden record is created when SMTP_ADDR or PHONE NO is matched despite ORIGIN_ID is different which I showed here and you can download the step by step instructions/load files: 

The golden record logic is part of the BADI which you can enhance to suit your own needs (mentioned in our inbound interface guide).  see Customizing for SAP hybris Marketing --> Data Management --> Contact Engagement Interaction Contacts Business Add-Ins (BAdIs) BAdI: Interaction Contact Update

Thanks

-Bharath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bharath,

Thanks again for taking the time to provide thorough guidance. I am quite confused about this topic so I hope you will further guide me.

I had read the inbound interface guide prior to posting this thread. I notice in the appendix it lists all fields available for import but does not allow list id_tw, id_fb, or id_gp among these.

I also watched your video  (How to load 3rd party data into SAP hybris Marketing for Quick POC's - YouTube) . It was this that led me to believe a golden record can be created by  matching across multiple fields (phone, IP, email etc). This is shown at the 3 minute mark. The video seems to state this creation of the golden record is standard functionality.It does not mention the need to write BADIs

At this point I am still exploring the product and will be loading using CSV files.

If I understand your reply, you are saying that two loads with different ORIGIN_IDs will become different facets. Each may carry any or all of id_tw, id_fb, or id_gp. If two facets with different ORIGIN_IDs share a common value for when SMTP_ADDR or PHONE NO they will be linked to a single contact root and so become one contact.

Above you say "The golden record is created when SMTP_ADDR or PHONE NO is matched"

• Is SMPT_ADDR the email address?
  • Can these other fields (id_tw, id_fb, or id_gp) also serve to match?
  • For phone is the system smart enough to recognise various formats? In Australia +6 402111222 and 0402111222 are understood to be the same number.

Thanks again

Cliff

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also I read the Contact Interaction Enablement pdf. It states "The system considers two or more contacts with the same email address as one contact and merges them into one contact. There is, however, an exception for the merge: Contacts with an ID_ORIGIN value starting with SAP_ are not merged if they share the same email address but have different ids in the source system."

If I load multiple csvs each will have an ID_ORIGIN of "SAP_FILE_IMPORT". Because this begins with "SAP" the merge restriction comes into play. As I understand it the ID on such a field is (or can be) blank and so yMkt allocates an ID of its own. Int his case the merge will still occur. Can you please confirm this.

Cheers

Cliff

former_member183196
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Cliff,

In the video:  around 5 min mark I mentioned that system by default uses email ID/phone no for matching and additional matching logic can be enhanced in the BADI.  The example I showed around 3 min mark is for demonstration purposes only of what can be achieved.  Probably I should have made it more clear.

Uploading using CSV files is good way to start.  Download sample load files and step by step instruction document from the following blog How to do a quick "POC" with SAP hybris Marketing with your own data

If I understand your reply, you are saying that two loads with different ORIGIN_IDs will become different facets. Each may carry any or all of id_tw, id_fb, or id_gp. If two facets with different ORIGIN_IDs share a common value for when SMTP_ADDR or PHONE NO they will be linked to a single contact root and so become one contact.  --> Your understanding is correct.  I even showed this in action in the video where I upload 21 interactions but it only creates 20 contacts because the last two interactions were tagged to the same contact.  I even open the contact fact sheet in the video to show this.  You can download the sample load files I have used and instructions from the above blog.

• Is SMPT_ADDR the email address?  Yes, I showed this in the video
  • Can these other fields (id_tw, id_fb, or id_gp) also serve to match?  Yes by enhancing the BADI logic. 
  • For phone is the system smart enough to recognise various formats? In Australia +6 402111222 and 0402111222 are understood to be the same number.    Please note that be dafault the system does only "absolute match".  The easiest way to standardize your phone no format before loading into yMKT so that system can do its job.  However if you want to have "fuzzy matching", then following is a popular option which is external to yMKT.   Lot of the times customers do load data using "SAP Data Services" so that they can extract, transform, cleanse,  enrich before they can load the data. The "fuzzy matching" is part of DQ functionality of Data Services where it can be done. 

Hope this helps!!

Thanks

-Bharath

Answers (0)