cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personas 3.0 javascript functionality

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I recently received a few challenging requirements from a client and was wondering if anybody could give me a heads up if these are possible with Personas 3.0 or not. I have used to the search feature and didn't come across an answer.

1. Can I edit Personas 3.0 to allow a custom javascript source? Such as editing the HTML Head to allow the use of Bootstrap javascripting.
  2. How responsive is Personas 3.0 to different browsers and devices? Will it work automatically on Tablets or do I have to add this functionality?
  3. Can Personas 3.0 call webservices and handle the data that is returned from these webservices (Such as data, displaying it)

The other questions were regarding the technology that Personas used, I said it was HTML5 like Fiori, and if one can add their own javascript to a javascript event, which it is my understanding you can.

Any information / points of view on this would be great. If this is the incorrect section to ask this, I apologise in advance.

Many thanks,

Angus

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

My thoughts:

1. Not officially, no. You can of course do anything you like, ultimately, in an SAP system, so there are ways of achieving this, but it isn't recommended.
  2. Right now, Personas 3 is supported on all the platforms that webgui is supported on, which doesn't include mobile platforms. That said, if you try it on mobile devices you'll find it works quite well. There's no "responsiveness" built in as standard, but there are hooks to add it. You can build Javascript to detect device type/orientation and react appropriately. You can't make a flavour re-organise itself in the way a UI5 app does, but you can switch to a new flavour more appropriate to the device type.
  3. I can't immediately think of a reason why this wouldn't work, although I've never tried it personally.

Hope that helps. And this is absolutely the right place to ask

Steve.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Carifaine
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

in addition to Steve and point 2:

The current road map states that responsive desgin is one of the aimed features in the future. Right now you have slightly different appearence in web browsers and as Steve already said there is no specific support for displaying the web gui on mobile devices.

Regarding technology you are absolutely right, it is based on HTML 5.

Best regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Guys,

Thanks for the information, now lets see what I can do with it on Personas 3.0

Regards,

Angus