Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change unit in infostructure

sobon_lukasz
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello,

I've created a LIS infostructure which is filled from MIGO.

The thing is that it displays quantities in KG (base UoM).

I'd like to change it to TO.

I have already placed calculating into tons in arithmetic formulas for statistic update

where I change formula_value to value in tons and msmseg-meins to TO.

After re-filling the infostructure it's still displaying KGs.

Am I missing something?

Is it possible to change unit without changing base UoM in master data ?

Regards,

Lucas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Without having more specific information I can only guess the formula is not working or working incorrectly. Have you tried testing it?

I would guess that you should be able to update LIS in another UOM and after the rebuilding data should be converted. Although from my experience it is always better to use the smallest base unit. Otherwise if conversion changes your data will be messed up. You can always report in different UOM, it doesn't mean that data must be stored that way.

P.S. This is Sales forum, MIGO rather belongs to Material Management. Please chose the right forum going forward.

sobon_lukasz
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Reporting in different UoM - that is exactly what I'm looking for.

But can it be done in transaction MCSK (customer doesn't want a separate report) ?

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I've never used MCSK (and no data for it in the current system), so I'm not sure what functionality is available there. Poke around in the menu.

Personally I find the standard LIS transaction outdated and bulky. If you don't need additional features like multi-year comparison then a simply query would work just as well, don't even need an ABAP report.

Answers (0)