Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rules mismatch - migration from 5.3 to 10.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello guys,

i am having queries regarding the RULES in 5.3 and 10.1

while migration from 5.3 to 10.1, All the funcs, risks, mitigations etc are exactly copied in 10.1. But After generating the rules, there is a mismatch in the 5.3 rules count and 10.1 rules count. I activated  BC sets but while migrating from 5.3 selected the option overwrite. So i think only 5.3 rules get updated in the system. Not able to understand why the mismatch of rules came.

Secondly how can i see the rules count in 5.3 and 10.1 as of now i am checking in report RULE LIBRARY in 5.3 and 10.1. Is there any way to download the rules based on system like DEV , QA in 5.3 and 10.1?

I have seen one note 1713294 which deals with logic change in rules creation and will not get the same rules as in 5.3.

Regards,

Ravi.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

krysta_osborn
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hey Ravi,

I also found that the generated rules from 5.3 didn't match exactly to those in 10.1. Ours came very close, so I'm not too worried about it. The biggest thing I noticed is that SoD rules and critical action rules all show up together in 10.1 but are on different reports in 5.3.

I also used the rule library in both systems to do my compare. I downloaded the reports to Excel, e.g. in 10.1 there's an Export button. For the risks where the rules were very close, I didn't bother going into the details. For the ones where the differences were bigger, I drilled into the detailed reports and then downloaded that to Excel and compared it. I was cross-eyed at the end, but I'm pretty confident that our 10.1 rules are complete and close enough to what we had in 5.3.

Regards,

Krysta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi krysta,

thanks for the reply.

i download the file from rule library in 10.1. But no where the system details are present. Did u find any rules corresponding to the system. The rule set in 10.1 is double for me as i conncted with 2 systems and generated the rules. In 5.3 i do have a single sytem. But now the requirement came as to show the rules for single system which is in 5.3. Here i am struck. Wheather to delete and reimport rules for single system or in any report if we have the rules with the system so that we can filter and show them.

regards,

Ravi

krysta_osborn
Active Participant
0 Kudos

If you drill into the rule details, you can see the target connector which looks to be the logical system. I've got all of my backend systems grouped into a single logical system since they're all SAP.

Regards,

Krysta

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi krysta and Plaban,

Now the rules are almost the same in 5.3 and 10.1. with a difference of 200. So does it matter. Is there any Note that deals with these kind of differences. How can we justify this difference to clients?

Regards,

Ravi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi

Where do you see the exact difference,

Function id- Action, Permission

Risk id- Risk Mapping

Condition?

Please advise

Regards

Ziaudeen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

are you aware of the risks, that are considered(as Active) in your org. if so, as a priority, you can check if all of those exist GRC 10.1.

from the 200 not found(in GRC 10.1, i suppose) Risks, is there any risk, which should be there in your Ruleset(s). if so, upload them, through Upload with Append.

For the remaining risks, check, if any of them are obsolete or do not belong to your active Rulesets(Default, SOD, Critical, Cut-off). if you find any, you can choose, not to upload them

Regards

Plaban

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

the standard BC sets activated in 5.3 and 10.1/10, differ. So, there might not be the same count of Risks/Functions for 10.1/10. As a priority, you need to check if all your Custom Risks/Function/Ruleset are available on 10.1.

I think, for transferring you can use Migration tool/Export utility of RAR, and then SPRO->--.>Upload SOD Rules

Regards

Plaban