cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

batch classification usage decision inspection at outbound delivery

maarten_muetgeert2
Participant
0 Kudos

I've a problem with automatic batch classification for inspections at shipping (inspection type 12). I have a batch class containing the LOBM_UDCODE characteristic. This characteristic is updated by the system automatically when recording the usage decision. I use the LOBM_UDCODE for batch selection. 

The characteristic is also updated when recording the UD for inspection type 12. This should not happen since the char is being used for lot allocation (value must be A or AX). When a batch is not suitable for a specific customer the inspection type 12 is rejected (UD code R) and the batch characteristic is update. This means that the batch doesn't meet the selection criteria.

Is there a possibility to suppress updating LOBM_UDCODE for inspection lots of type 12?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i don't think you can prevent the update to the batch.

The only thing I can suggest is a follow-up action to the UD's.  I don't think a user exit will work as I don't think the update to the batch will be committed until after UD is saved.

In the follow-up action, do something like the pseudo-code below:

If Insp_orign = 10, 11 or 12, then

Get last change for characteristic LOBM_UDCODE from change logs

Use batch BADI's to update LOBM_UDCODE to previous value.

Else Exit.

Craig

maarten_muetgeert2
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Craig. I'll check with a programmer.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Maarten,

Please can you suggest any specific reasons for using LOBM_UDCODE in your batch classification. Internal number linked to this characteristic is SAP defined and it will not allow you to make changes here.  So please can you check if it is possible to use some other batch characteristic instead of this one in your batch classification, and then use it as per your requirement.

Thanks,

Arijit

maarten_muetgeert2
Participant
0 Kudos

No I really need this characteristic. There are search strategies using this characteristic in place. There is some logic in user exits as well.

former_member193808
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can specify the allowed values in "Values" tab (CT04).

If you have made the tick box for "Additional Values" then any value can be stored. Instead, you can restrict the same at characteristic level so that only desired values will be recorded and the remaining will be ignored.

Thanks

Prem

maarten_muetgeert2
Participant
0 Kudos

I'm not allowed to change the characteristic.

"Characteristic from reserved name range: change not allowed"

former_member193808
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Could you please provide the screenshot?

maarten_muetgeert2
Participant
0 Kudos

This is the screenshot. The characteristic is LOBM_UDCODE. It's a standard SAP characteristic.

former_member193808
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You are trying to change a characteristic name that is in a reserved name range.

You cannot change and you cannot create new characteristics in this name range.

The only option possible is to go debug mode and edit the entries, if you want to use the same characteristic.