cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Manager: limit user selection or take substring

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

my user selects some members for the TIME dimension using PROMPT(SELECTINPUT...

My questions are:

1) Is there a way to limit the selection only to base members or to certain values?

2) Is there a way to take a substring from a variable such as %TIME%? E.g. if the user selects 2015.08 I would like to store inside a variable the value 2015.

This is because next I will concatenate 2015 with 06 and 12 (month) and send it to a TASK to perform and extraction:

TASK(/CPMB/APPL_TD_SOURCE,SELECTION,%SELECTION%|DIMENSION:TIME|2015.12....

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

"1) Is there a way to limit the selection only to base members or to certain values?" - no with PROMPT(SELECTINPUT, possible with manally created list with PROMPT(COMBOBOX

"2) Is there a way to take a substring from a variable such as %TIME%? E.g. if the user selects 2015.08 I would like to store inside a variable the value 2015." - not possible! Only concatenation is available and only with text strings resulted from PROMPT(TEXT or PROMPT(COMBOBOX...

Vadim

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

P.S. In this particular case PROMPT(COMBOBOX,%Y%,"Select Year:",1,,{2014,2015,2016,2017,2018,2019,2020}) will be OK!

Then:

TASK(/CPMB/APPL_TD_SOURCE,SELECTION,%SELECTION%|DIMENSION:TIME|%Y%.12....

Vadim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, thank you... I did it that way!

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

COMBOBOX is not bad for single Year selection - you don't need very long list to maintain

Answers (0)