cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archiving sender Filename with different Extension.

0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a scenario FIle to Proxy, From sender FTP, I am picking file like "abcd,edi", so i want to archive the file as YYYYMMDD-HHmmSS-xxx_abcd.txt

So here YYYYMMDD is year month Date, HHmmSS is time. and XXX is i need to get the value of one field from the XML.

Can anybody suggest how can I go with this.

Regards,

Satish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Option 1: Using simple OS commands provided you are picking the file from PI staging area (If you are using NFS)

Option2: As above said by every body you need to have FILE receiver communication channel to process the file to archive folder with file name modification.

You can achieve the 2nd option in 2 ways.

1)Java mapping and using ASMA dynamic configuration.

2)Graphical 1-1 mapping .I would recommend this with variable substitution option for your requirement.

Regards

Venkat

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

pvishnuvardan_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

I echo with Pavan on this.

I don't think there is a standard feature available to achieve in a single flow.

Configure two receivers, one is Proxy(as per the interface requirement), and file(here, you can dynamic configuration & place the file in archive directory as you needed). The catch here is that you need to use the processing mode as Delete for the sender file adapter, since you have configured file receiver to achieve the archiving.

Try this out in non-production and let us know the outcome.

Regards

Vishnu

vicky20691
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sathish,

Can't do directly... Write a DynamicConfiguration UDF. Pass the field value as input to UDF.

Then via multimapping place this file to archive directory.

Regards,

Vikas

former_member183908
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i don't think there is a direct standard approach available.may be you change the design like which will send data from File To PROXY and FILE(your file name can achieve this)

Use Combination of ASMA and Dynamic Configuration and Multimapping and Enhanced Interface Determination.

Thanks