cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Odata Update fails with integration gateway , server responds withe 400 Bad request payload

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I am doing an Odata Update request to the integration gateway , it fails with “400 Bad request” error and the message displayed is “Bad request payload or mapping error”.

I am doing the "o..AppModel.update("/********....('"+customerId+"')",xmlPayload,..) to trigger the Odata PUT request.

With the same payload of the above request the PUT operation succeeds in Advanced REST client and it updates the record. But when the same payload is sent through SAPUI5 OData.Update request it fails.

When I checked the SMP gateway logs I found that I get the same Stack Trace as  as this thread  http://scn.sap.com/thread/3721594

"org.apache.olingo.odata2.api.ep.EntityProviderException:An exception of type 'XMLStreamException' occured"

How the same payload works in REST client works great but not in Odata.Update ? , any additional settings is required ? what is the format of data I should send ? I tried with XMLString , XMLDoc but it dint work.

Please assist.

CC:

Thanks

Arun

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

bl_vijaykumar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi,

please try check in preview/response from your browser and let us know what exact error it is...

Thanks

Vijay