Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

PR release offline approval(another window opening issue)

http://www.saptechnical.com/Tutorials/Workflow/offline/Index.htm

Hi Experts,

I have implemented the PR release offline approval workflow by using the SAP R/3 system and MS outlook integration exactly same as

per the above URL.

Now the issue is, when end user clicks on APPROVE/REJECT options from approval email body, it automatically opens the another email

window where click on SEND button is compulsory. this is not required.

To overcome this issue, as an alternative approach, we created the SICF HTTP service in SAP R/3 system and set its URL in Href attribute of the

Anchor tag <a> for the APPROVE/REJECT options of the approver email. so when end user will click on either of these options then SAP hosted

HTTP service will be called and internally PR release processing is carried out.

in this technic also, when end user clicks on APPROVE/REJECT option then another browser window gets opened automatically, this is due to the

href attribute used in <a> HTML Tag.

I have observed that only limited HTML Tags are supported in Approver email body, I tried to used the HTML Tags BUTTON and SCRIPT

but they are not supported and due to this limitations use of the Anchor Tag <A> is mandatory which is causing the unwanted navigations.

please note that we have used the MS outlook client 2010 version.

Actual end user requirement is when they click on APPROVE/REJECT options then internally PR release should happen in SAP R/3 system

without opening any new window.

please suggest me how to meet this requirement.

Thank you,

Regards,

Jagesh

Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question