cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PR release offline approval(another window opening issue)

jagesh_lakdawala
Active Participant
0 Kudos

http://www.saptechnical.com/Tutorials/Workflow/offline/Index.htm

Hi Experts,

I have implemented the PR release offline approval workflow by using the SAP R/3 system and MS outlook integration exactly same as

per the above URL.

Now the issue is, when end user clicks on APPROVE/REJECT options from approval email body, it automatically opens the another email

window where click on SEND button is compulsory. this is not required.

To overcome this issue, as an alternative approach, we created the SICF HTTP service in SAP R/3 system and set its URL in Href attribute of the

Anchor tag <a> for the APPROVE/REJECT options of the approver email. so when end user will click on either of these options then SAP hosted

HTTP service will be called and internally PR release processing is carried out.

in this technic also, when end user clicks on APPROVE/REJECT option then another browser window gets opened automatically, this is due to the

href attribute used in <a> HTML Tag.

I have observed that only limited HTML Tags are supported in Approver email body, I tried to used the HTML Tags BUTTON and SCRIPT

but they are not supported and due to this limitations use of the Anchor Tag <A> is mandatory which is causing the unwanted navigations.

please note that we have used the MS outlook client 2010 version.

Actual end user requirement is when they click on APPROVE/REJECT options then internally PR release should happen in SAP R/3 system

without opening any new window.

please suggest me how to meet this requirement.

Thank you,

Regards,

Jagesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

jagesh_lakdawala
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am closing this thread and we have decided to go with MS outlook email concept only.

Regards,

Jagesh

roopashree_v2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Jagesh,

I also have been implementing the same solution. But unfortunately sending of email back to SAP is not working. Could you please elaborate on exactly how you are calling SICF HTTP Service.

What are the additional configurations required?

Some sample code will be of great help.

Thanks in Advance

Roopa

jagesh_lakdawala
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Roopashree,

Create the SICF service from SICF Transaction code, activate it and Test it. During the Testing you will get its URL. In SICF service, specify the custom class (must inherit the interface IF_HTTP_EXTENSION) in Handler List Tab.In your HTML code, use this URL with the href attribute of the Anchor Tag for the navigation.

Do some google search, you will get more detail help on this.

Hi experts, please suggest me some other alternative.

Regards,

Jagesh

ronen_weisz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would suggest that the e-mail replay another window opening is not such a bad option, since the user can also add comments to his/hers reply (you can read the inbound mails and add the body as a comment in the workflow).

Also you can give the user information about the processing of the approval "your decision 'approve' has been registered in the system" etc. not opening the window can cause mistakes, for example user A and user B have received the workitem for approval, user A rejects and later user B approves, but the rejection decision was already executed, with no feedback user B thinks the approval has been done when it actually has not.       

Also the stranded decision task options extended notification SICF services works in the way you described (this is not offline however) so why develop a custom service in this case? 

jagesh_lakdawala
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ronen,

Thanks for your reply,

I opted the SICF custom service as second approach for allowing the APPROVE/REJECT functionality through the Email because end user denied to have additional email window where SEND button needs to be clicked.

when I started with SICF service approach, I thought to use the BUTTON Tag inside my HTML code for the email body, I thought to use the OnClick even of BUTTON Tag which calls the java script function, inside this function thought to use the java script code which calls the SAP SICF service.

however when I put this SCRIPT and BUTTON Tags in HTML code of the email body, they are not working and hence I forced to use the <A> Tag (here href attribute points to the SICF custom service). Now the problem  here is <A> tag is also causing the navigation from the email body when user clicks on APPROVE/REJECT options. this is also not required.

so I need a way by which once user clicks on APPROVE/REJECT options in email body then ANOTHER WINDOW SHOULD NOT BE OPEN and at the same time in SAP R/3 system PR release should happen.

Kindly suggest me on this.

Regards,

Jagesh

SandySingh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

This could be an issue with your organisation SoE. Check with your IT support department . Looks like there are some restriction in Outlook  for executing the HTML links.

Alternately you can create a SAP shortcut and link it as  the attachment in the mail body.

Regards

Sandy

jagesh_lakdawala
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sandy,

yes it may be, I need to check with IT helpdesk team here. I am thinking is it the MS outlook version issue, may be in MS outlook 2013 version all HTML Tags including SCRIPT and BUTTON are supported, will check and will let you know.

as far as attachments are concerned again it needs to enter the SAP login credential and all so it won't work as end users are demanding the less number of clicks.

Thanks Sandy!

Regards,

Jagesh