cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Corrupt Archive File

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

We have got a corrupt Archive File for Archiving object IDOC. This file does not contain any data (it is a blank file). As it a corrupt file, Delete Jobs (for this file) gets cancel giving the below job log:

Archive file 012051-002IDOC contains errors from offset 4,714,927

1 archive file(s) were not successfully verified

Job cancelled after system exception ERROR_MESSAGE

As it is a blank file, we need not worry about it. But the issue is - while selecting Archive files for Delete Program, this corrupt file also shows up everytime. My question is - is there any way to remove this archive file from the "Select files for Delete Program" option while scheduling Delete Jobs?

Thanks and Regards,

Anuj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you could try to flag  the archive run as invalid and also as flag for archiving itself

for this go into SARA enter the archiving object and then click the Admin button, there select your archive run and flag it for archiving.

then run archiving for object BC_ARCHIVE

finally have the empty file removed by your Basis admins.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jurglen. I have below 2 questions:

1) BC_ARCHIVE seems to delete archive sessions from the Management screen in SARA. Will it also delete archive sessions available in the Delete Program in SARA ("Select files for Delete Program" option)?

2) This method seems to delete entire archive session. Is it possible to delete only one archive file inside the archive session (which contains multiple archive files)?

Thanks and Regards,

Anuj

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1) BC_ARCHIVE archives entries from tables ADMI_FILE and ADMI_RUN, which are basis for the display of sessions in the delete program of SARA, depending on its status.

If that is archived you wont see the entry anymore in the deletion run (but the file itself is still there in your file system)

2) yes the entire archive session has to go in one shot, so archiving seems not to be an option for. then first try to set this one file as invalid and check if it still appears in the deletion program.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In second point, how can we make this one archive file as invalid?

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is what I meant:

But I think you cannot do that for a single file out of many of one archive run, it is only the entire run which can be declared as invalid and redo the archiving for this data. 

Answers (0)