Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cash On delivery

former_member185462
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

My client gets order from his customer.

So my clients send the material to customer through courier.

The courier company collects the cash from customer and takes his commission of 2% from order value.And returns the remaining amount to the client.

I need to configure this is in my client system.

My assumption is we need to create a partner function i.e carrying forward agent,which would be the courier company .Did any one come across this situation,please share.

I also read this thread .

But could not make assumption beyond certain point.

Also please tell me do we require Transportation Management or LE.As in our scope we have only the following modules SD/MM/FICO. With SD itself can we do this.

Thanks,

Pradeep M

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you are going to settle the Vendor (Courier) based on weight or kilometers, then Shipment process is necessary.  Since your requirement is to pay 2% commission on order value (should this be billing value ?), you can follow the normal SD process.  Your pricing procedure to have one condition type for 2% and you need to decide whether this 2% should have impact on net value or not.  If this 2% should not impact the net value, then the Accrual box to be checked in condition type configuration.

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member185462
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for your suggestion.

Do we need to create Courier as a partner function in sales order? Hope this would be helpful for picking prices in pricing procedure.

In my IDES the Carrying forward agent partner function is deleted,Do i need to copy VN make ,courier as partner function.

Suppose if we maintain accrual for this condition ,do this value flows into G/L transaction by transaction and can we able identify in G/L by transaction and date wise. i.e for particular invoice and particular date do the value X flows into G/L and can we identify it easily.This would be helpful for us while making payment to courier

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,Pradeep,

With SD alone it would be difficult to map. You need LE for creating shipment and settlement from your Courier

thanks

santosh

ravi_kumar100
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In normal OTC process include the courier as an Partner function and with an condition type accrue the commission amount of 2 % for every Invoice to Customer.

In the month end or as per your Business agreement create an Credit note to the Courier Company.

Regards,

SRK