Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue in publishing the contract to ECC with line items

former_member207877
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All,

We have enabled the integration with our ECC system and publishing contract with line items(materials) to ECC.

Whenever a user is publishing contract with 10 line items out of which one is having issue in ECC, then rest of the line items which are

correct are also not getting published until we delete the incorrect(having issue in ECC) one and publish.

MA publish to ECC is only successful if you have the right and appropriate data else it will definitely fail. This is the design and that is how it is expected to work or will there be any enhancement in future to handle this?

Regards,

Raj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member190023
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

In my personal opinion I don't believe anything will change in this; because the target for MA Publish is to have a 1:1 alignment between CLM - ECC; any other result would be an actual bug in the integration.

To have a more streamlined process you can align and implement all validations from ECC side to CLM to prohibit the publishing itself before reaching ECC. (as for feasibility it will be difficult to actually implement ALL ECC validations ).

Regards,

Bogdan

former_member207877
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Bogdan,

In a consultant perspective you may be correct.

But if in end users perspective who actually uses the Application it’s bit difficult for them.

Instead of publishing error, there should be a column in line items collection about the information why it got failed and that should be material specific. So that user can respond on it.

Regards,

Raj

former_member190023
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Maybe I'm misunderstanding the request itself, but here is how I see things, from a system architect perspective:

- in generic applications normal users are not the basis for the application design. this falls on inputs from key-users and managers

- Sourcing itself is the central repository for contracts, and because of this it is also the system used for controlling such contracts

- if misalignment were possible it would allow for the below situation to occur:

- buyer agrees with supplier to do some fraud

- buyer creates a 1M$ contract for 9 bolts and 1 heavy machinery

- buyer makes the heavy machinery line non-deployable (error)

- contract is published, controlling sees in CLM 10 line items - all OK

- PO is created for the 9 deployed line items (bolts)

- supplier gets paid 1M$ for some bolts

- buyer is very happy and asks for some more of these misalignments

Always check with the system architect, key users, managers; never trust normal users 100% - they only want their own lives easier even if it renders the application completely useless.

Bogdan