cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dependent demand not getting generated consistently

Former Member
0 Kudos

we are facing a peculiar issue where dependent demand of components is not getting generated consistently in APO for firmed orders flowing in from ECC. sometimes it works fine but sometimes not at all. please guide.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

RahulHanda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Satyasheel

Though you have not mentioned which engine (CTM/Optimizer/PPDS/etc.) you are using it's hard to judge.

• Is it happening with one specific material or all?
  • If with one is it consistent issue that is for all firmed planned orders its not generating or for some its generating and for rest not?
  • What is the setting maintained in version i.e. /SAPAPO/MVM for "No Order Without Source of Supply" in both SNP and PPDS?
  • Share some screen shots for the issue.

Regards

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

This is happening with optimizer.

1)across FGs
2)all firmed orders coming in from ECC. If I create an order in APO then the demand is getting generated in which case the snp ppm is being used, whereas while the ECC firmed cifed over to APO , the pp/ds ppm is being used which is throwing the problems.
3) in mvm:
                 for SNP, I find a check on "No planned order without Source"
                 for PP/DS, I find unchecked "No order without source of supply"
Couple of thing that I observed are :-
1) when I check the PP/DS ppm, it throws two warnings saying that the resource variable bucket capacity consumption is very low compared to the min. lot size
2) In the prod location master for FG, in the pp/ds tab, the planning procedure is 2"manual without check" & in order creation section, there is no value in "Plan explosion"

RahulHanda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I hope SNP optimizer? What if, if you create a planned order in APO with PPDS PPM?

Regards

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes snp op.
when I am creating manually with ppds ppm, the demand is there.

RahulHanda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This means you see dependent demand of component when you create a plannned order in APO but when same is CIFed from ECC that's not the case. Check;

• Check whether BOM is getting exploded in planned order? You can also refer to
  • Check do you have component in active integration model.
  • Try to do CCR for this material for planned orders and see if it gives any issue.

Let us know about above points.

Regards

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the follow up Rahul.
Actually we don't have bom in ECC for this as the components are planned in APO and production takes place in a legacy mainframe(AMAPS )system. Essentially the FG firmed order originates in AMAPS mainframe ...flows to ECC...and then CIFs over to APO (same is the nature of issue for orders created and firmed in ECC)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Satyasheel,

...(same is the nature of issue for orders created and firmed in ECC)...

???  Are you saying that you also are integrating some planned firm orders created within ECC using ECC functionality?  And these orders that have been created and firmed in ECC also do not have BOMs?

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

I mean, just for testing I tried creating and firming an order in ecc. The firming happens in that mainframe system only. and yes there are no BOMs for the  matloc for any kind of usage. ideally, when the FG firm order CIFs over, I expect to see dependent demand in APO for components basis the components & consumption in ppm.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Satyasheel,

I expect to see dependent demand in APO for components basis the components & consumption in ppm.

And has your expectation ever been fulfilled?

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes. it's just that it doesn't work out in some cases.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Stayasheel,

So, you have existing functionality in which there is no BOM in ECC; and you create a planned firm order in ECC (either manually or via your AMAPS interface); and the Dependent demand is successfully created in APO. Please confirm.

If there is no BOM in ECC, how are you creating your PPMs?

Does your AMAPS interface also manage changes to these orders?

What happens when you run the reexplode heuristic against one of the faulty orders in APO?

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks db49 for the follow up.
actually we have an APO enhancement wherein the ppm is selectively attached to incoming orders automatically once they CIF over.
I need to check running heuristic with re-explosion.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Satyasheel,

I need to check running heuristic with re-explosion.

OK.  Don't forget my other questions as well.

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

the legacy system doesn't manage changes and the PPMs are created in APO. I will get back with heur results

Former Member
0 Kudos

Satyasheel,

You have overlooked the first question

So, you have existing functionality in which there is no BOM in ECC; and you create a planned firm order in ECC (either manually or via your AMAPS interface); and the Dependent demand is successfully created in APO. Please confirm.

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Satyasheel,

Since you have some materials where dependent demand is generated to your satisfaction, and other materials where it is not, then to me that would raise a red flag with your enhancement (".....we have an APO enhancement wherein the PPM selectively attached to incoming orders automatically once they CIF over.....").  The enhancement may not be handling all business scenarios.  You should probably have your developer get into debug to see where the PPM is not properly exploding the dependent demand.

Best Regards,

DB49

Answers (0)