Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to install HANA client package in Windows

ansonabraham
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to install HANA client package in a windows 8 machine. I have downloaded the 64-bit package and was following the installation document and HANA academy tutorials. When I tried to execute the command "hdbinst [-a client] [<option_list>]", the command prompt displays the following error:

"hdbinst is not recognized as an internal or external command".

I don't have much experience in using the command prompt. Could you please guide me to use the correct command to install the package.

Thanks & Regards,

Anson

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you tried using hdbsetup.exe which gives GUI based installation wizard and very easy to install.

Regards,

Venkat N.

ansonabraham
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Venkateswarlu Nandimandalam,

I have downloaded the package from new SAP store -> SAP HANA Client Software Packages

When I extracted the package, I have received only a single file. Please see the screenshot below.

If this is not the package required, then please provide me the location to download the correct package.

Thanks & Regards,

Anson

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

That definitely doesn't look right. Where did you say you downloaded that from? I couldn't even find the HANA client on the SAP Store.  I'd suggest downloading from the Service Marketplace if possible (Support Packages and Patches | SAP Support Portal).

I just downloaded the SPS 10 version of the HANA client from there and its a SAR file. After unpacking the SAR, I see many files (as you should) including the setup executables:

ansonabraham
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas Jung,

Thanks a lot for guiding me to the right path.

I have downloaded the package from the following site.

Now I can understand that, I was referring to a wrong package.

My requirement is to obtain ADO .NET adapter for HANA.

Thanks & Regards,

Anson

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Interesting. I guess there are two SAP stores: SAP Store | Welcome and https://store.sap.com/

I was searching the first and didn't find the HANA client.

The store you found looks likes it technically a trial version and I didn't even think we offered a trial of the HANA client any longer.

I download from the same link as you and I get the same single file that doesn't seem to be formatted for Windows. I'd almost think this is the Linux client since its in a .gz. That's odd as we normally distribute Windows archives as .zip or .sar.

I'd really suggest using the Service Marketplace link I provided earlier instead.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anson,

if you went the SMP route please share how you got past the 2184635 note or maybe it's not been an issue for you.

thx,

greg

ansonabraham
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas Jung

Thanks for the information.

Regards,

Anson

ansonabraham
Participant
0 Kudos

Could you please confirm whether the package highlighted below is the required HANA client tool.

Thanks & Regards,

Anson

Answers (0)