Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

DS GetMembers() and BEx condition - Do they work without conflict ?

Hi Experts

I have a Query with one Row - Customer and One Column - Sales . I have a condition in the Query for Top 3 Customers Based on the Sales Amount.

When I bring this Query to Design Studio , My initial View shows only 3 Customers ( as expected ). When I assign it to a Crosstab - it shows 3 customers ( as expected) .

But when I populate the customers using getMemberList() to a Listbox - I get all the customers.
When I write a script with getMembers() - I get all the Customers.

Question -

1.When the Query is restricted to only 3 customers , Shouldnt DS only fetch 3 customers all time?

2.If this is how getmember behaves, then the actual question is - For some purpose I want to pass this Top 3 customers from Design Studio to another Query as separate variables - How to achieve this without using getmembers() .

(I am using DS 1.5)

Thanks in advance for your valuable time,effort and answers

Tags:
replied

Hi @Mustafa Bensan and @S. van Middelkoopoo

First many thanks for your comments.  Before we confirm this as a bug.. I have a small doubt which may contradict my own question ...

I read these pages few days ago

Definition of Conditions - Business Intelligence - SAP Library

The key observations are

A condition in a Query just hides the members which does not satisfy the specified condition

so it brings all the data but just hides them

Ranked List Condition: Top 5 Products - Business Intelligence - SAP Library

The result row shows total of all the members unless it is altered

Now on this perspective if we have to address the question doesnt this work as expected , because it is mentioned that the condition just hides the irrelevant members but brings in all data.

I am still in a dilemma to consider this behavior as bug or not.

Thanks for your time and efforts.

0 View this answer in context

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question