cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can i have multiple Sender agreements in a single interface

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi XI Gurus,

Here i have scenario where the file adapters are picking files from ''Multiple source directories'' and archiving it to a single folder.

My question is how can multiple communication channels to a single reciever.

I had seen in one of the blogs mentioned in SDN stating that I can use a wildcard (*) as sender in the receiver determination, so that i can handle all of my senders via one receiver determination.

Is this the only way that we can do it?

Please clarify and correct me if i am wrong

Thanks & Regards

Sekhar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can have multiple sender services with same interface, no problem there, but you will have a receiver determination for each sender service/interface pair. But you can point all of them to same receiver, no problem on that.

Regards,

Henrique.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Adding to the above answers.......

<i>how can multiple communication channels to a single reciever</i>

Suppose If you have 3 sources and single destination,You will have to create 3 sender agreements with 3 communication channels and only one receiver channel.

Or else You can select multiple files from different folders using single communication channel and single sender agreement(If you have only one source)......follow the bhavesh suggestion.

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i think it may not be possible to have mutliple CC in one sender agreement. rather u can look for using wild card search in the sender file adatper.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Not sure I followed the question.

Do you have multiple sender Comm channels? If yes , and the only purpose is to pick up files from multiple folders , this can be handled using a Single Sender File Adapter by selecting <b>Advanced Selection for Source File</b> in the Sender File Adapter

One Sender Agreement can be used with only one Communication channel and vice vera, ie. one Sender Comm Channel can be used in only one Sender Agreement.

But the same receiver comm channel can be used in multiple Receiver Agreements.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Bahvesh,

yes i do have multiple sender Communication channels. do you mean to say we can use the masking concept here and pick only those files which are required from the specified directories.

how to define these multiple sender agreements in a recevier detemination

do i need to mention as (*) in the Sender sevice while defining the receiver determination.

Thanks and Regards

Sekhar

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I woudl suggest you use only one Sender File Adapter with the Advanced Selection option.

Take a look at this blog to understand how to use this option,

/people/mickael.huchet/blog/2006/09/18/xipi-how-to-exclude-files-in-a-sender-file-adapter

If you still want to continue with using the multiple sender file adapters I think then you need to define multiple Receiver Determinations ( one for each sender agreement ) and then use the same Receiver Adapter in the multiple Receiver Agreements.

I would not suggest using * in the Receiver Determinations as this can cause conflicts in case there are multiple other interfaces running.

Regards

Bhavesh