cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sender File Adapter - Delete and Archive

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a scenario , where in i have to pick the file from FTP source , delete the file and also archive it. Is this possible with standard PI File Sender adapter. or else i have to write any custom OS command.

We are working on PI 7.4 / Windows

Thanks,

Pooja

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Ryan-Crosby
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pooja,

Whether the original file is deleted and then archived or the original file is simply moved to the designated archive folder do you not end up with the same result?  Are you trying to ensure that it is achieved in the manner you have described and that it cannot be done using a move or copy command?

Regards,

Ryan Crosby

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ryan,

I am moving the file between same file FTP servers but different folders.

So what i am asking is, when i select the processing mode as ARCHIVE, does this mode delete the file from FTP server when i sender communication channel picks the file  and then archive the file into other FTP folder.

or it just picks the file from FTP server and then archive it and place it in different FTP folder, and don't delete the original file.

My Original requirement is  :

I want to pick the file from FTP server , delete the file from that location , and the archive it and process it to receiver.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Pooja

Ryan-Crosby
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pooja,

This is the standard behavior of the archive mode for it to remove the file from the original location and place it in the archive folder you specify where you also have the option of adding a timestamp so you can see when it was processed by the name.

Regards,

Ryan Crosby

pvishnuvardan_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pooja,

Yes, that is the actual functionality of processing mode parameter present in file adapter.

If you use processing mode as Archive, then the file adapter, after picking the file from the server, it moves the file from the original directory to the archive directory you mentioned.

Also, there is a option to add timestamp to the file which needs to be archive.

Use Archive on FTP server, if the archive directory is on the server instead of PI local server.

Under Processing Mode, specify what is to happen to the file that has been processed successfully:

○  Archive

■  To add a time stamp to the file name, select Add Time Stamp.

The time stamp has the format yyyMMdd-hhMMss-SSS. The time stamp ensures that the archived files are not overwritten and it enables you to sort them according to the time that they were received.

■  Enter the name of the Archive Directory.

○  Delete

○  Test

Files are not processed.

Only use this mode to test the configurations of the FTP adapter or the Integration Engine/PCK. It is not suitable for productive operation.

Regards

Vishnu

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Pooja,

In archieve mode Comm channel will pick the file from source folder, process it and archieve it to the other folder.

At the same time it will also delete the file from source folder which is what your require.

Regards,

Pradeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Pooja,

In archieve mode Comm channel will pick the file from source folder, process it and archieve it to the other folder.

At the same time it will also delete the file from source folder which is what your require.

Regards,

Pradeep

pvishnuvardan_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pooja,

Yes, it is possible using file adapter.

Under processing tab, you can see parameter PROCESSING MODE, select Archive. Then you will get option whether you want to archive  on ftp server, check that option, which asks you to mention the archive path, to where you want to archive the path.

Let us know if you still having issues.

Regards

Vishnu

nitinlpatil12
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pooja,

Yes, it is possible. Please refer the following link,

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73ehp1/helpdata/en/44/682bcd7f2a6d12e10000000a1553f6/content.htm

--> Define Processing Parameters --> Point 4

Regards,

Nitin Patil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pooja,

I'm bit confused,do you want to archive in some other file server or in the same file server??

If you want to archive in the same file server different folder path ,then go for normal archive .It works like move command .moves the file from source to archive folder (not copy).

If you want to archive in different file server ,I would recommend you to use FILE receiver communication channel to do same.

Regards

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

I am moving the file between same file FTP servers but different folders.

So what i am asking is, when i select the processing mode as ARCHIVE, does this mode delete the file from FTP server when i sender communication channel picks the file  and then archive the file into other FTP folder.

or it just picks the file from FTP server and then archive it and place it in different FTP folder, and don't delete the original file.

My Original requirement is  :

I want to pick the file from FTP server , delete the file from that location , and the archive it and process it to receiver.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Pooja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As I said above ,It picks the copy of the file and process it to target server and also moves the file to archive folder.i.e delete from existing source folder and process it to archive folder.

Regards

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In addition to the above ,after archiving you have the option to add time stamp to the file name to avoid override on the existing files in Archive folder.

Regards

Venkat