Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Sender File Adapter - Delete and Archive

Hi Experts,

I have a scenario , where in i have to pick the file from FTP source , delete the file and also archive it. Is this possible with standard PI File Sender adapter. or else i have to write any custom OS command.

We are working on PI 7.4 / Windows

Thanks,

Pooja

Former Member
Former Member replied

Hi Pooja,

Yes, that is the actual functionality of processing mode parameter present in file adapter.

If you use processing mode as Archive, then the file adapter, after picking the file from the server, it moves the file from the original directory to the archive directory you mentioned.

Also, there is a option to add timestamp to the file which needs to be archive.

Use Archive on FTP server, if the archive directory is on the server instead of PI local server.

Under Processing Mode, specify what is to happen to the file that has been processed successfully:

○  Archive

■  To add a time stamp to the file name, select Add Time Stamp.

The time stamp has the format yyyMMdd-hhMMss-SSS. The time stamp ensures that the archived files are not overwritten and it enables you to sort them according to the time that they were received.

■  Enter the name of the Archive Directory.

○  Delete

○  Test

Files are not processed.

Only use this mode to test the configurations of the FTP adapter or the Integration Engine/PCK. It is not suitable for productive operation.

Regards

Vishnu

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question