cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AWS | Multi-tenant - only internal ports available - no 30015 listening

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm installing a multi-tenant HANA Environment, using SP9 - Rev 97, in AWS (Amazon) but i'm having a issue that i don't understand.

After performing the installation there is no "Listening" in port 30015. This means i cannot connect HANA studio to the SystemDB instance.

The HANA  is up and running (check picture) but only the internal ports are available. I logged in SystemDB by using hdbsql and managed to create a tenant database. The hdbindexserver-<SID> was created running on port 30040. I believe this is the initial range of internal ports for tenant databases.

Anyone faced this issue?

The port 30015 is not available inside the server as well.

All server prerequisites were performed based on SAP recommendations.

IMPORTANT: As a test I also installed the HANA appliance as "Single System" and if i pick that option everything works properly (port 30015 is listening and available for HANA STUDIO usage)

I can't find any relevant errors in the HANA logs.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I managed to solve the problem myself.

Explanation:

Like Sai Krishna V.A.R Velaga and SAP Note 2101244 - FAQ: SAP HANA Multitenant Database Containers said, with multi tenant containers the default port 30015 is no longer the one assigned to the index server.

In this scenario the SystemDB will have the port SQL port 30013 and the first Tenant Database the SQL port 30041.

HANA studio will try to connect using 30015 but if that isn't available (in this case of multi-tenant option it isn't) it will try to connect through other means.

The "problem":

The problem I was facing was due to the fact that HANA Database by default changes the jdbc connection route to the appliance internal IP address and returns that value to the HANA STUDIO. In my case, using and AWS server, it was something like 172.X.X.X .

I'm not in the same network as the Amazon appliance and because of that the connection would obviously fail.

The solution:

After some research i found out that to fix the "problem" you just need to perform the following action in the global.ini:

global.ini > public_hostname_resolution > use_default_route

Change from "ip" to "no"

After this change the HANA Database engine will no longer replace the jdbc connection with the internal AWS IP but instead will use the hostname.

Just add a rule to hosts file associating the hostname with the public IP address and everything will work properly.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

SaiKrishna_V
Advisor
Advisor

Hi,

Please try with port 30013.

Regards,

sai Krishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

That is the internal port. Shouldn't be available to the exterior if i understand correctly.

Plus, HANA STUDIO only allows me to connect to 30015 (as far as i know).

SaiKrishna_V
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

For Single db HANA system: SQL port will be 3--15(--: instance number)

For Multi db HANA system; SQL port of system db will be 3--13(--:instance number)

please let me know, if you need anymore explanation.

Regards,

sai Krishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've read SAP Note 2101244 - FAQ: SAP HANA Multitenant Database Containers and it refers the same thing you said.

The problem is that HANA STUDIO tries to connect to port 30015 even if i pick the Multi-Tenant > SystemDB option.

I had other system with multi-tenant configuration and was able to connect with port 30015.

Also the Installation of ERP on HANA tries to connect to this port. Port 30015 has to be available.

SaiKrishna_V
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you show me, how you are adding the HANA system in STUDIO with screenshot.

Please provide me the studio version also.

Thanks & regards,

sai Krishna.