Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Principal Propagation between AEX and BPM in PO

adam_smith7
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Currently we propagate the principal (user) which calls the soap adapter in PI 7.1.1 to a BPM process running on CE 7.4, the same user is propagated to to the backend systems.

All the authentication takes place using logon tickets and is possible because of the trust relationships between PI and CE and CE and the backend systems.

We have upgraded our CE 7.4 system to be a PO 7.4 system and we are about to migrate our interfaces from our PI 7.1.1 to the AEX of our 7.4 PO system, so that we have our BPM's and interfaces on the same system.

At the moment, the call between PI 7.1.1 and CE is done using WS-RM and the abap based WS-Adapter and the authentication between PI 7.1.1 and CE 7.4 is happening using SAP Logon Tickets.

Now, we want to migrate the interfaces and we want to use XI3 for the communication between AEX and BPM. Furthermore we have to keep the principal propagation working.

My question is how to set this up in a PO system?

Presumably there is no trust needed between AEX and BPM as it is the same SID.

I can't configure anything in the endpoint of the BPM process as it is a XI3 endpoint.

On the AEX side, in the SOAP XI3 reciever channel there is no option to send logon tickets, I can only choose logon tickets if I use an http Destination in the channel.

I expected that if I use Xi3 and have principal propagation enabled on the sender and receiver side of the ICO which calls the BPM over XI3, that the user would be propagated to auto-magically, however I am getting an authentication error when the BPM gets called because no SSO2 ticket is found.

I can't find any documentation regarding the propagation of users from AEX to BPM.

Any advice or ideas welcome

A. 

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hello,

Assuming you want to trigger your BPM start event via AAEX, you can also do it with the Java WS-adapter, like this:

Sender =>(soap)=> AAEX=> (j-ws)=>BPM

I have not used principal propagation in this fashion but according to the AAEX online help, it is supported for the WS adapter (as well as SOAP and RFC).

Please keep us posted if you get things working.

Regards.

Carlos