Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP BI App Crashes Frequently

former_member202257
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have a dashboard developed as mobile ready and using the SAP BI Mobile App to view it. We are able to navigate across the different levels of the dashboards but after some time, the application crashes.

I enabled the logs and it shows 'Memory warning received' error. Is this a memory issue for the application or something that I have to take care of in CMC? The dashboard XLF size is approx 2000 KB. We

We are on BO 4.1 SP3 Patch 3 and BI App Version is 6.1.20

Regards,

Shwetha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member202257
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

We raised an incident with SAP and apparently the dashboard is heavy for executing on iPad. We had a few recommendations from them based on note 1959380 - Best Practices to create Dashboards for iPad/Tablets viewed using SAP BI Mobile Application  .

Thank you all for your guidance!

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shwetha,

Faced a same issue and resolution that worked for us of this issue is:

1) Download Patch12 of client tool "Dashboard Designer" from SAP.

2) Install the Patch on the machine from which Dashboards need to export to repository.

3) After Successful installation of patch12, reopen the dashboard on that machine and export to repository as a mobile category.

4) Then you can try to open it from IPAD device, hope it  will work for you as well..

NOTE: You need to install dashboard designer Client tool Patch 12  not BO patch 12.

Thanks,

Sahil Gupta

former_member202257
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you for your response. We are currently on 14.1.3.1366 for dashboard designer ; I suppose this should be sufficient?

CdnConnection
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Shwetha,

I would recommend upgrading your BI 4.1 to SP5 or better.  You are using the latest features of Mobile but the BI Platform is much older version.

Other Information:

• What Tablet / Mobile device are you using ?
  • What OS level is the Tablet running ?
  • How much memory of the Tablet?  (Recommend min 32Gb)

Also did you try to un-install and re-install the Mobile application?

Regards,

Ajay

former_member202257
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

An upgrade seems an unlikely scenario currently.

• What Tablet / Mobile device are you using ? - Currently using iPad Air
  • What OS level is the Tablet running ? - iOS 8.0
  • How much memory of the Tablet?  (Recommend min 32Gb) - 64 GB

Did not try yet to uninstall it since there are some security restrictions; will try this option for sure. Thanks for your inputs!