Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue at sales order level

former_member216878
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I want to see revenue and cost at sales order level.

After doing PGI the accounting entry is :

COGS A.c Dr (Profit center material)

To stock (Profit center material)

After doing delivery system generates error mess:

Balancing field "Business Area" in line item 001 not filled

Message no. GLT2201

To solve the error I have executed Define document splitting characteristic for General Ledger accounting step.

In this step I have un checked the mandatory field against Business area.

After this system is posting accounting during billing. The accounting entry is:

Customer A.c dr

to sales (Cost center)(Profit center business area)

to excise duty (Profit center material)

to cst

Profit center for Business area and Material are different.

Now my queries are:

1. Why system is throwing error

Balancing field "Business Area" in line item 001 not filled

2. What are the implications if I un check the check box for mandatory field against Business area.

3. At the time of Billing why system is picking cost center and why system is picking Business area profit center for sales of material.

Note:Profit center for Business area and Plant are same.

Please guide...

Regards

Nitu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

rajneesh_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

1     Check at OBY6. I think Business area wise balance sheet is ticked there. This may be the cause of error.

2     If you don't want BA wise balance sheet then no impact.

3     Seems your revenue GL is a cost element of cat 1.

Rajneesh

former_member216878
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rajneesh,

You are right business area wise balance sheet is ticked in OBY6. I wan`t BA wise balance sheet so I cannot un ticked it.

Can you please explain what is the reason behind the error,why system is not generating accounting document??

Secondly,after un checking the mandatory field (just for testing) at the time of billing accounting document will be generated as below:

Customer A.c dr   BA

to sales               BA  (Cost center)  (Profit center business area)

to excise duty      BA                       (Profit center material)

to cst                  BA

Now one substitution rule is assigned User exist 900,with this exist whenever billing will be done system will consider Business area profit center instead of material profit center.

If I remove the substitution rule:

1. Will system consider the material profit center instead of Business area profit center because in sales order material profit center is available in account assignment tab.

2. If system will consider material profit center instead of business area profit center.how will it  impact on Balance sheet??? Please note for all the line items BA is pooping up with combination of profit center.

Please share your views....

Regards

Nitu

rajneesh_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

1     Yes, System should take material profit center in that case. But when this substitution was written what was the intention at that time this is to confirm. Apparently it seems that the business wants to see revenues to be booked in some other PC (assigned to BA) instead one assigned in material master. So you need to verify this point.

2     In this case revenues will be booked in material PC and will not be reflected in BA's PC.

Regards

Rajneesh  

former_member216878
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rajneesh,

If revenues will be booked in material profit center instead of business area profit center then it will impact on Balance sheet??? Balance sheet is viewed on Business area wise.

I want to :

1. Book revenue against material profit center instead of business area profit center.

2. Currently Balance sheet is viewed at business area level and it will remain same,if I go with step 1 then will it effect balance sheet-if yes what will be effects.

Please guide

Regards

Nitu

former_member216878
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rajneesh,

Revenue G/l is catg type 11,what is the relevance of cost center assigned in OKB9 against sales G/l. I mean in OKB9 why a cost center is assigned against sales g/l in combination of Valuation class and Business area. I`m asking this because at the time of billing system is posting cost center against sales g/l. System is picking profit center assigned to the cost center.

Regards

Nitu