cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personas 2.0: ME51N - Why do "same" controls have with different ids?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Personas 2.0 experts,

This is regadring tcode ME51N issue on Personas 2.0.

The Issue:

run ME51N >land a screen (let's call it SCREEN_A), where the icon "Iten Overview" is expanded, and if I check the id of the column "Short Text", I got some thing like this:

ses[0]/wnd[0]/usrUSRAREA/subcntSUB0SAPLMEGUI0013/...

Now if I type "ss" in the Short Text column, and press "Create" button, there will be a popup Message window showing that I should fill some other fields. If I close this message window, it looks as if I went back to the original screen (I mean SCREEN_A). Now let's call this screen as SCREEN_B. However, if I check the same column id of "Short Text" on SCREEN_B. I got this one:

ses[0]/wnd[0]/usrUSRAREA/subcntSUB0SAPLMEGUI0010/...

So even though the table looks as if it were one same table, they are two different tables! And all the scripts that are implemented on SCREEN_A for the table will not work on SCREEN_B.

Does anyone notice this, and know why?

To me, if I am going to change the UI for ME51N, I guess I should create a copy flavor from SCRREEN_B, but not from SCREEN_A! Otherwise, the GUI really behavior strangely - all the deign placed on copy of SCREEN_A do not work on SCREEN_B (Eg, I put scripts to always make the three icons clapsed, and it worked ok on SCREEN_A, but not work on SCREEN_B, simply the ids are different)

Appreciate if anyone can explain this - and if any solution for this!

Dong Zhu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This sounds like a problem with control id overwrite rules. Have you got the right ones for transaction ME51N? Check OSS note 1999747 for the latest ones, and see the description here of how they work - Personas 2.0 Tips and Tricks - Screen and Control Id overwrite rules.

Could this be it?

Steve.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

Thanks very much! It looks like the issue. I will test it, and be back again. 🙂

Dong

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

What does the note do - does it add all the id overwrite roles in the system? For my case I only work on one tcode ME51N, would it be good enough if I manually add the id overwrite role without applying the note? Thanks.

Dong

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't think you can apply the note to create the rules. You have to create them manually. It is fine to only install the ones relating to the transactions you are using, but of course this might cause confusion later if you start using another transaction that needs them! I would install just the ones you need for now, but come back and do the rest when you have a few spare minutes.

Steve.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for the tip!

I will set this to Correct once I have verify the fix.

Dong Zhu

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

after I add the RegEx id in admin_ui like:

...GUI\w+$

to

...GUI__COMMON__

And I recreate a new flavor for tesing. But how I can refer to the new id?

Say the ori id in Personas is ..GUI0013/....

Then I should in my script use id like ..GUI__COMMON__/..., is this correct? But whay I got "control not found "error? Thanks.

Dong

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

I found out: So I answer myself:

In Personas the ids should be as usual - namely different ids are used. My problem was that my browser was not refreshed.

Set to answered.

Dong

chinthan_yajamaan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dong,

You are correct. You can use the old control ids in scripts and Personas will resolve it at runtime using the overwrite rules.

Incase you want to see if overwritten control ids are getting user or not in flavor, then you can use Ctrl+click instead of click on id of control(in properties window) to copy overwritten id to clipboard.

Thanks

Chinthan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chinthan,

This is a very nice tip! Thanks a lot!

Dong

chinthan_yajamaan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is due to the way SAP dynpro screens are designed. Even though the screens look like one single screen to end users, there can be different combination of program name and screen number depending on the state of the screen (switching tabs or click on expand-collapse buttons) which is why SAP Screen Personas uses the concept of screen and control id overwrite rules. More details here Personas 2.0 Tips and Tricks - Screen and Control Id overwrite rules - SAP Imagineering - SCN Wiki

Thanks

Chinthan