SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payments run

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All

We have posted few wrong documents using main/sub transaction  a111/b111 .

And while doing payment run fpy1 we want to avoid this documents to be picked, kindly suggest us what to do .

We can not reverse theses document at this stage .

Best regards

Simran

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Simran,

The best option would be to exclude the document numbers that you have posted incorrectly with main\sub combination in the "Custom Selections" Tab in FPY1.

You have to maintain these document numbers in the Custom selections tab until and unless you want them to get picked up in the FPY1 run

The reason being if these documents are Debit items, and you want to exclude them from the payment program run by placing a payment lock at the document level, then it will not be picked up in FPY1 run for sure, but once the due date is elapsed for these items, these will be picked in the dunning run. So, if you don't want any downstream process impact, you have to place a dunning lock as well along with the payment lock at the item level.

Moreover, I assume, the main\sub combination that has been used to post these incorrect documents, have been used in other scenarios, which are genuine and needs to be picked in FPY1.

So only excluding the main\sub combination will exclude all the documents whether it is incorrect or genuine.

Hope it helps..

Thanks,

Amlan

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

william_eastman
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Simran:

Place a payment lock on each of the incorrect items.

regards,

bill.

ivor_martin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you wish to always exclude these Main/Sub transactions in the future, you can run FPY1 by  explicitly excluding the Main/Sub transactions in the "Custom Selections" tab of FPY1.

Regards,

Ivor

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Simran,

The best option would be to exclude the document numbers that you have posted incorrectly with main\sub combination in the "Custom Selections" Tab in FPY1.

You have to maintain these document numbers in the Custom selections tab until and unless you want them to get picked up in the FPY1 run

The reason being if these documents are Debit items, and you want to exclude them from the payment program run by placing a payment lock at the document level, then it will not be picked up in FPY1 run for sure, but once the due date is elapsed for these items, these will be picked in the dunning run. So, if you don't want any downstream process impact, you have to place a dunning lock as well along with the payment lock at the item level.

Moreover, I assume, the main\sub combination that has been used to post these incorrect documents, have been used in other scenarios, which are genuine and needs to be picked in FPY1.

So only excluding the main\sub combination will exclude all the documents whether it is incorrect or genuine.

Hope it helps..

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

Thanks Amlan,

You answered my next question ( dunning one ), which I never thought about it , you solved  all my doubt .

Thanks again

Regards

Sim

0 Kudos

Credit items are in danger of being dunned?? Please explain.

cheers

Paul