cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTP over Proxy failed - new option "User FTP Proxy"?

former_member296836
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear all,

in PI 7.11 system we have a FTP over Proxy connection.

This works without any problems.

Server: Proxy adress

Port : 21

User name: <FTP-User>@<ProxyUser>@<FTP-Server-name>

PW:  <FTP-PW>@<Proxy-PW>

I used same credentials in PI 7.4 version of the File adapter.

Error message:

Error occurred while connecting to the FTP server "<servername>:21": java.net.SocketException: Connection reset

In NWA Log Files doesn't exists a more detailed error message.

I see that there is a new option "Use FTP Proxy". But I am not sure if this is the same like FTP-over-Proxy.
I tried this as well, but is failed.

If this new option is the same, how to use it? I can not see were to maintain Proxy password.

regards

Chris

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

pvishnuvardan_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

Yes, you can use FTP Proxy to connect to the server which needs proxy for establishing the connection.

Try this and let us know if you still having issues.

Regards

Vishnu

former_member296836
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Vishnu,

but as I wrote, I have an issue with using "Use FTP Proxy". I am not ablte to maintain a password for the proxy and like Vadim wrote it is not designed to maintain a password. Correct me if I am wrong.

regards

Chris

vadimklimov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

In File adapter of PO 7.4, you can use FTP over proxy by enabling mode "Use FTP proxy" and providing FTP proxy host and port, and selecting the appropriate FTP proxy type among those supported by File adapter. But currently you cannot specify the proxy-specific credentials (like user name and password) there. This means, if you need to specify proxy-specific credentials, you should use another adapter (for example, SFTP) rather than File adapter.

Best regards,

Vadim

former_member296836
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi.

So they added a new option that could not replace all the requirements of the old version?

I can not use SFTP adapter because this is not a SFTP server on the client side and I can not disable the Fingerprint there.  But I just see that we have an explicit FTP server from Seeburger now. I will try this one.

EDIT:

I just found

821267 - FAQ: XI 3.0 / PI 7.0 / PI 7.1 / PI 7.3 File Adapter

Point 53:

Cannot use Username / Password for FTP Proxy Configuration

• Q: Can we configure FTP proxy with UserID and Password?
  • A: In current implementation of File adapter (FTP), it is not possible to use UserID and Password for FTP proxy configuration. Instead you can use SFTP adapter to achieve this.

So I try SFTP adapter instead and insert "123" in Fingerprint field.

New error message:

Exception received: com.jcraft.jsch.JSchException: ProxyHTTP: java.io.IOException: proxy error: Unknow reason

So anybody succeed in using SFTP adapter for FTP over Proxy scenario?

Thanks