Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Role to allow IDocs Display

0 Kudos

Hallo all,

I am doing my internship in SAP ERP MM module. I would like to assign a user the authorization to see the outbound and inbound IDOCS. For this I need to assign a role in the user creation procedure.

I tried adding the "S_IDOC_ALL" profile which should make it possible for the user to carry WE05 transaction, but it doesnt work. It still says the user is not authorized to carry out this transaction. 

Can some one please guide me which User Role should be added for the user to have the permission to view the IDocs from the transaction WE02 or WE05?

Thanks,

Rashed

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rashed,

We shouldn't directly assign the profiles to the users. We need to assign the roles to provide the access to transactions.

So in order to find out the proper role, you need to go to transaction S_BCE_68001425 and in authorization object field provide the object as S_TCODE and value as WE05. Now if you execute you will be able to see the roles which contain access to transaction WE05.

For example the role SAP_IDOC_EVERYONE contains access to WE05.

Regards,

Laxman

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rashed,

We shouldn't directly assign the profiles to the users. We need to assign the roles to provide the access to transactions.

So in order to find out the proper role, you need to go to transaction S_BCE_68001425 and in authorization object field provide the object as S_TCODE and value as WE05. Now if you execute you will be able to see the roles which contain access to transaction WE05.

For example the role SAP_IDOC_EVERYONE contains access to WE05.

Regards,

Laxman

0 Kudos

Hallo  Laxman,

Thank you for the reply. That indeed was right.

Regards,

Rashed