cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restrict Systems in Landscape block in Normal Change(CHARMS)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SME's,

I got one situation.My CHARM project contains two different landscape so whenever a Normal Change is raised, In Landscape block in Change Document it is showing systems of both Landscape while in urgent change It is showing systems of one landscape.So my requirement is like I want systems of one landscape at a time in my CD so how we can control it.?

I require this because below is my charm landcape:

Charm Landscape is like  ABD100 - ABQ100 - ABP 100

ABD200 - ABQ200 - ABP 200

So when user creates TR he is not checking whether the TR is getting created in 100 or 200 client which creates a mess so Is there any way in Normal change we can restrict the systems means only one landscape should come like 100 or 200 at a time.Please suggest some solution.

Regards,

Abhishek

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Dillip for reply.

I mentioned proper Ibase also. I got a sapnote which says Normal Change will pick systems of all logical components we can't control this.

2157513 - How is Relevant for Logon in Landscape AB determined - SAP Solution Manager

dillipkumar_r
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

I am not aware of any kind of restriction like this in standard.

If you have multiple transport tracks in a ChaRM project , you should be able to select the appropriate system in the CR while defining the scope.

You may have to select the relevant installed base of the production system where the change will be done in the scope block, this will ensure the correct transport track assignment to the CD.

So this will ensure that the right development system is copied to the CD for realization.

Because you have two logical components assigned in the project and have configured the transport route with 2 dev clients on the SID, as per my understanding if the Ibase of the production is correctly chosen in the CR the system would provide only that track(drop down will have clients on the same SID, but based on the production Ibase the corresponding dev client would be chosen automatically) while creating the TR.

These notes will be handy : 1772445 and 1725995

I would like to hear from experts if there is any other possibilities.

Regards,

Dillip