cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mass creation of withholding tax account data using xk99

former_member212322
Participant
0 Kudos

I am trying to upload mass withholding tax account data for no. of vendors through xk99.

It is changing the vendor's withholding tax account data for which it already exists but it is not generating new records.

Kindly advice if this is a wrong practice and suggest the way out.

Thanks_Manali

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member212322
Participant

done as advised . but no output.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Make sure you have this OSS note in your system:

862838 - XK99: create new entry for 'withholding tax accounting'

I just did it this way (sorry for the German screenshots):

in initial screen I select company code data and witholding tax

then I entered vendor, company code and witholding tax in the selection screen of to be created data, (as you can see the change is inactive)

after execution I get my final screen:

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think you have selected fields tab in XK99, instead of fields choose tables tab (do not forget to choose LFB1 table along with LFBW table)

kunal_ingale
Active Contributor

Not sure , but worked fine for me.

When i choose only
LFBW-WT_WITHCD , then no output but after choosing all these fields it worked
fine.

or do it by choosing tables  LFA1 , LFB1 and LFBW

Thanks

Kunal

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

sapmmgopal
Participant

Hi,

Please follow the below steps:

Goto XK99:

Select table LFB1&LFBW and Fields LFBW-WT_SUBJCT & LFBW-WT_WITHCD.

Click on Execute.

Deactivate the DATA RECORDS TO BE CHANGED (Check the DO NOT CHANGE THE EXISTING DATA)

Click on DATA RECORDS TO BE CREATED

Give Vendor, Company Code and WH tax type for which WH tax code to be added and Execute.

(If you don't give WHtype system will display all the available WHtype in the next step)

Now just Add the Withholding tax code and check the Subject field.

Now click on save and this will change the vendor master.

GopalK

JL23
Active Contributor

Kindly explain your approach in more detail  or show your screens.

Actually a CHANGE is something different from a CREATE, and it is usually not possible to do it at the same time. you would need a XK99 for the change and later anther XK99 for the create.

former_member212322
Participant
0 Kudos

Jurgen,

i am having around 250 vendors for which i want to maintain 2% TDS( withholding tax account data).

out of these vendors, for 45 vendors TDS is already maintained. so i just want to change it from 1% to 2%.

which i have done through xk99.

Now, i want to create new TDS data for remaining 200 vendors. while doing this i am getting below error.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

your screenshot shows the change tab active while you want create, so make the little box for "do not change existing data" active in the change tab and then continue with the create tab.

former_member212322
Participant
0 Kudos

i have tried but same error.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

then you have to share your selection and a record that should have been found with that selection

former_member212322
Participant
0 Kudos

Jurgrn,

i want to mass insert new line items here in below screen(xk02).

but xk99 doesnt supporting to insert new line items. it is only updating already exists data.

Now i have to take help of LSMW.

pls let me know if there is any work out other than LSMW

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I know how the screen looks like in in XK02, but I actually asked you to provide screenshots of your XK99 screens, the selection that you had entered there. And a screenshot from your vendor master that should have been found with your selection (because you got the error that SAP cannot find anything according to the selection - which makes me think that you did something wrong in XK99 selection)

LSMW is workbench, where you describe source files, map fields and it automatically creates programs on that entries. The execution finally is often  done with the same SAP programs that are used in normal mass transactions too.

former_member212322
Participant
0 Kudos

Jurgen,

i have follwed below steps.

1. selected below specified field and F8

2. In 'Data records to be created' tsb, i have mentioned all the vendors for which i want to create TDS record and the company codes. F8

3. i am getting all the vendor records for which TDS is already maintained but not those  new ones which i have given in input screen.

Now pls guide me if i am doing any wrong practice.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You still have the change tab active. Make it inactive.

Fill only the selection screen for create.

In the selection screen section "Specify data records to be created" you have to enter the withholding tax code.

kunal_ingale
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Manali ,

try selecting following fields too

LFA1-FITYP

LFB1-QSSKZ

LFBW-WT_WITHCD

this should solve the issue,

make change tab as inactive by selecting Do not change data option

thanks

Kunal

former_member212322
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Thanks a lot for your guidance. I have successfully created mass vendor data.

The mistake I was doing at the time of table selection, I was only selecting LFBW and hence it was giving that error.

Again Thanks to all of you. Have a great day ahead!

-Manali

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There are two tab in XK99:

First tab is used for change and second tab is used to create. To create new records, you need to perform "Data Records to be created".

former_member212322
Participant
0 Kudos

i have tried both. same error .

kunal_ingale
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Manali ,

is that vendor is still valid in the company code , show the screenshots from LFA1 table for the same ,

XK99 should worked as stated by Jurgen and Dev..

thanks

Kunal

former_member212322
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kunal,

all vendors do exists for this company code and i have taken dump of them from table itself.