cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make a user able to buy from different plants

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a question regarding how to enable a user in SRM to raise shopping carts for different plant codes under the same purchasing organization.

Here's the setup of our PPOMA_BBP organization:

Region (i.e. Asia, Europe, etc)

Company Code

Purchasing Organization

Plant

Purchasing Groups

Users

1. Is there a way to enable a userID raise a shopping cart covering a a number of plants under a specific purchasing organization?

2. How will the ship to address for the different plants be maintained as I checked in the attributes and it seems like I can only maintain one ship to address?

3. I searched the forum and saw that I can use the "Purchaser Assignment" option, but I tried that in our system and I cannot assign any user because the assign button is greyed out, is this controlled by a configuration?

Thank you!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. Is there a way to enable a userID raise a shopping cart covering a a number of plants under a specific purchasing organization?

- If the P.Org corresponding to multiple plants belongs to the same Comp Code, you can directly maintain multiple plants in the "Extended Attributes" and maintain multiple Ship-to addresses in the attribute "ADDR_SHIPT" which can be maintained in PPOMA_BBP.

They can be accessed in the item data when a SC is created.

2. How will the ship to address for the different plants be maintained as I checked in the attributes and it seems like I can only maintain one ship to address?

- Under the attribute "ADDR_SHIPT" you can maintain multiple address number, however one needs to be selected as the default value.

Please note that if multiple plants for which a use should be able to procure belong to different companies, you should implement "Purchase Across Companies" and there are several threads on this topic about how to implement it in SRM system.

Br,

Raghu

ivy_li
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

For SC, you can create multiple items with different company codes, but I didn't find anywhere to input plant. Would you please specify this? If you use multiple companies in SC, please note that PO itself doesn't support multiple companies.

For delivery address, attribute ADDR_SHIPT can be inserted with multiple entries, but only one of them can be set as default value. Meanwhile for each item in SC, it only has one delivery address assigned.

For 'purchaser assignment', it only works for position 'S'. And it doesn't help a lot in this case.

BR,
Ivy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lorenzo,

A simple solution to your issue will be to create dummy ids for the user under different plants.

You can have one main id of the user and then have dummy ids under other plants.

This way you can maintain settings like delivery address etc separately for each plant by maintaining the settings for corresponding users under these plants.

Then for main user you can maintain Buy on behalf of dummy user to centralize the procurement cycle.

Also maintain main user as an active substitute for the dummy users.

Thanks.

Regards,

2k.

laurent_burtaire
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Lorenzo,

what is your technical scenario?

Lorenzo Miguel Javier wrote:

(...)

(...)

Plant do not depend on Purchasing Organization, but on company code (see 'Extended Attributes' tab, then 'Location' in PPOSA_BBP transaction).

(...)

(...)

There is no link between Ship-To and plant(Location) address.

See below wiki regarding delivery address:

Delivery Address

You can have several values for ADDR_SHIPT attribute (you can see it in 'Attributes' tab in OOATTRCUST transaction).

(...)

3. I searched the forum and saw that I can use the "Purchaser Assignment" option, but I tried that in our system and I cannot assign any user because the assign button is greyed out, is this controlled by a configuration?

(...)

If you are in change mode (PPOMA_BBP transaction) and the button is deactivated, this means you do not have correct authorizations for concerned infotypes.

Check by comparison with standard admi role.

Regards.

Laurent.