cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTPS Chain Certificates Installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am working on FTPs to Proxy Scenario in SAP PI 7.1.

My third party vendor has provided the SSL certificate which contains the chain certificates (root, intermediate and own) and the certificate type is PKCS #7.

Could you please help me on below details.

1.How to install the chain certificates in SAP PI 7.1

2.Where it needs to be installed (Trusted CA or ICM_SSL)

3. Is it possible to install PKCS #7 type certificate as in NWA we are having the cerfiticate type X.509 / PKCS #12 / PKCS # 8.

I have gone through the below links for installing the certifiate.but could not get the extact details.

Regards

Boopathi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Boopathi,

You are on the right track.

Step 1 :- for Installing the certificates u have to follow the steps on below Doc . IN NWA u have to add certificates

Step 2:- then these certificates u have to use in your channel for secure transmission of data over FTP.

so this blog will help you to

Step 3:- If u facing any issue in certificate then link 3

these blogs are also very clear , Please go step by step and u will get ur solution

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rudra,

Thanks for you reply.

I got the SSL Chain certificates of type PKCS #7 from my third party system and installed the certifcates in NWA->Configuration Management -> Security -> Certificates and Keys-> TrustedCAs and imported in connection type X.509.

And the third party system issued the the certificate to the partial qualified domain name . I have configured the same in PI communication channel.

But getting the below error.

Error occurred while connecting to the FTP server "XXXXX:21": java.net.UnknownHostException: XXXX.

Could you please let me know whether i have installed the chain certificate properly and certificate can be issued to either partial qualified domain name / fully qualified domain name.

Also please let me know how to import the PKCS # 7 type certificate.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Boopathi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Now the issue got resolved.

1. Imported the PKCS#7 type chain certificates (Host, Intermediate and Root) under TrustedCAs in NWA and imported the certificates in connection type X.509 as there is no PKCS#7 type connection type.

2 Third party system issued the certificate to partial qualified domain name of host name. Configured the same in PI Channel also. Partial qualified domain name of hostname is working fine.

3. Error occurred while connecting to the FTP server "XXXXX:21": java.net.UnknownHostException: XXXX.

This is Third party system connectivity issue. This is resolved with the help of FTPS service provider.

Regards,

Boopathi

Answers (0)