cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Performance wise which mechanism is better? (IDOC, BDOC, BAPI, RFC, Proxy or SOAP)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've been engaged in one of the major assignment with regards to the integration of SAP ECC ISU system with thrid party web services. I have an option to use the SAP PI -Middle Ware for the integration purposes for both the systems.

Performance is the critical point, want to ask which option would the performance boost with regards to the integration of systems, as there are multiple options available IDOC, BDOC, BAPI through RFC, Proxy or SOAP?

Please share with the rational behind each integration option with regards to the performance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Venkat_Sesha
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Naveed,

it depends on what you do and volumes.

for example : we use lot of IDOCs for SAP CRM to BW and ECC.

but we use lot of PROXY from SAP Banking to third party systems and everything goes via PI system.

Generally when you are dealing with third party systems, prefer PROXY, because the other system can easily understand XML than anything else. and remember for example if you have a Partner in SAP it is 10 CHAR and it could be 6 CHAR in legasy system for a Customer. So PI system can actually Map these and there is no more handling required for both the systems in case of PROXY/SOAP.

Coming to IDOCs/BAPI, both are very good in performance when the communications is happening between SAP systems.

RFC is the least preferred when coming to communications to third party systems because of the error handling in it. TRFC and Queues are used for general communications between SAP systems where there is no complex business model defined.

Hope this information is helpful to you to design, I would suggest to read about SOAP, BC400 and other books as a reference to your decision.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

manigram
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

In the SAP environment (between ECC and PI) prefer PROXY communication is best,
for the 3rd party system SOAP communication is best.

Regards,

Manigandan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can anyone suggest in details with regards to comparitive analysis.