Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QM QA32 UD options in Stock Posting

former_member216529
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Consultants,

I have a query regarding SAP QM

In T-code QA32 ,when we do UD ,when we come over to Inspection lot Stock Tab, under this we have Stock Positing.

Quantity Posted-

---------------------------

To be Posted

Total

To Unrestricted Stock

To Scrap

To Sample Usage

To Blocked Stock

To New Material

To Reserves

Return Delivery

Actually I want a complete documentation about these postings, that is .

when these are used&

what are the Movement Types being used for this

If you have any good link for it then do refer.

Why I am asking is this because we have a raw material of 50 units when doing IQC.

When results were done 30 were Ok & 20 were of poor condition.

At the time of UD I asked the user to put the 30 unit in To Unrestricted Stock& remaining 20 units in Return Delivery.

But our MM expert told me that we do not have this facility and 20 units is to be placed in To Blocked Stock

put this material in storage location

So I want a complete & proper knowledge about this, what is the differences of Return Delivery and To Blocked Stock ,

After the Blocked Stock ,what will happy?

Thank you!

BR

Miriam Zhao

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The movements associated with these options are as below,

To Unrestricted Stock - 321

To Scrap - 553

To Sample Usage - 331

To Blocked Stock - 350

To New Material - 309

To Reserves - 350

Return Delivery - 122

Coming to your specific query for incoming rejection which field you should refer? It depends upon what customization is done for your plant to suit business practices?

1. When you post the stock in to Blocked Stock - The stock just gets posted in to block compartment of certain storage location mentioned against it. Stock from system does not reduce. Later if you find the material is ok you can again transfer the same in to UU by 343 movement type. If you find it is not ok then you can make return delivery from block stock also using MIGO
  2. When you post the stock in to Return Delivery - The stock gets reduced from system and it has impact over Purchase Order directly. This executes 122 movement in background which generates FI document with the stock reduction effect to appropriate GLs

Approach 2 should be followed when you have logistic set up ready to send the material back to vendor immediately. Otherwise there would be stock inconsistency in physical stock and system stock as the stock in system was already consumed. But if you have considerable time to arrange for logistic to lift the material back it is advisable to go with approach 1. Post the non conforming stock in to Block stock and post return delivery through MIGO when the vehicle is ready.

Depending upon the business need the appropriate approach should be chosen.

Anand

Answers (0)