cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleted MII 14.0 jobs starting after bounce

Former Member
0 Kudos

When ever we have to bounce a MII server due to memory issues, it sometimes takes us several bounces to get the server running normal.  Though recently I've taken approach to delete out the jobs before the bounce to ensure that no jobs are running on startup (i've had suspicions they were running on startup). 

On Friday I had to delete out my jobs and bounce the server.  After the bounce i decided to NOT reload the jobs onto that server.  We still had issues with the server today, so i performed another bounce and noticed the CPU and memory usage were still very high.  I took a look at the XMII_JOBHISTORY table and saw that when the server started up, it kicked off 101 jobs (even though no jobs are on the server).  All these jobs ran within 2 minutes of each other and one job was executed 32 times. 

This explains why i'm seeing high memory and CPU usage on startup, but what i don't understand is why these jobs are starting up in the first place.  Has anyone ever experienced this and/or know how to get it not to happen?

Thanks,

George

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

After performing more research it turns out there can be JMS messages still in a queue, which is what was happening to us.  If the queue is not clear, you can have jobs running on startup even if the scheduler is cleared.  You can see more information from note 1763013.

Thanks,

George

Answers (0)