cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ITS Mobile Troubleshooting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have some issue with some barcode scanner - MC-9190 (Windows Mobile) - We dont know why, but when we want to use one of the RF gun who was on idle, the rf gun is freeze on a black screen - needs to remove battery and do a reboot.  We use wavelink for Internet explorer emulation

So i was wondering what are the steps to begin some troubleshooting

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member194364
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi David,

is this issue only happening when you have already accessed an ITSMobile service and then allowed it to go into an idle mode? ? From your description it sounds more like an issue with the Wavelink Browser? or else an OS issue for the MC-9190?

Regards,

Oisin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes the issue seems to be only when user is already log in - and do something else.  When he come back (can tell after how many minutes / hours) gun is freeze.  Only with the Windows Mobile / MC-9190 - this issue is not there on the MC-9090 / Windows CE (still using Wavelink)

The RF gun sleep mode is 30 minutes (maximum) and on SAP side i set the value to keep alive the sessions 4 hours

Thanks

former_member194364
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi David,

when  you say "only when user is already log in"; this is when you are already logged into the ITSMobile service? Correct?

Do you know what HTML template of the ITSMobile service that they are on when they leave the

device in "idle" mode?

Regards,

Oisin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thats right when user are log in to the ecc server (ITSMobile service) via the rf gun -  I think its in ZRF_LM00/99 - i can ask a developer if its not the correct answer.

Thanks

former_member194364
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi David,

you said earlier

"

The RF gun sleep mode is 30 minutes (maximum) and on SAP side i set the value to keep alive the sessions 4 hours"

what SAP value did you set to 4 hours? I presume the RF gun goes into SLEEP mode after 30 minutes of inactivity?

Regards,

Oisin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes after 30 minutes goes to sleep - i set rdisp/plugin_auto_logout = 14400 to keep the connection active for 4 hours

former_member194364
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi David,

so it only after the 30 mins have expired and when a user attempts to use the RF Gun again that you get the Black screen?

If the Browser is opened and you are not accessing a Web page (non- ITSMobile) service does one get the same behaviour with the Windows Mobile / MC-9190?

Regards,

Oisin

Former Member
0 Kudos

After 30 minutes if user try to scan before network reconnect / he will get a page not found / sometimes after the 30 minutes it wont come back from the sleep (black screen)

We have 2 issues

First one - black screen is intermittent / cannot be reproduced ( i suspect an rf gun issue)

Second one - disconnection error (back to login or page not found) / can happens while working, sometimes after login

What we would like to fix is:  If we are log in the its webpage - if we do a backspace or a refresh (F5) we go back to the main login screen,  it i possible to stay login (until we do a logoff)  I think it could fixes some disconnection issues

I will try to reproduce issues with a non its mobile webpage

former_member194364
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi David,

un-related to the issue you experience but as your session timeout is so high,

It might be worth setting: "Check for Multiple Logon"

1074234  ITSmobile, check for multiple logon

If a user re-starts the Motorola Device and calls the ITSMobile service again in the Browser they will get a prompt then to delete the previous session if it should still exist.

Regards,

Oisin

Former Member
0 Kudos

This option is already check ( in SICF / Error Pages / Logon error tab / Configuration button) .  User already received the already connected screen (sometimes - i guess depending on how they lost the connection) but 90% of the time they are bring back to the Logon page if they hit refresh or backspace by mistake