cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lumira 1.27 BW Refresh

james_batchelor2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I must say the BW connectivity is much improved!

I am just starting to play with what is possible in moving some of our Webi/Analysis for Office over to Lumira now.

I am currently unable to refresh the data however.

I get a Failed to Create queryView error when trying to refresh. 

If I start over with creating the query and acquiring data...I can bring in new data..but editing or refreshing is not working.

Am I missing something?

thanks

james

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

james_batchelor2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

After opening a ticket...

64bit SNC/SSO has to be configured for BW connectivity?

Yeah...that's a show stopper for us..for now.

I didn't think this would be needed if leveraging BI Platform connections...but I am constantly prompted to log in to BW after connecting the BI Platform.

So I guess it is?

james

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi James

In Lumira Desktop 1.27, a new SAP BW Connection has been added as a Data Extension to replace the previous SAP BW connection. The new SAP BW Connection is called "Download from SAP Business Warehouse" It has better BEx Query functionalities support, as well as all the room available: Prepare, Visualize, Compose and Share. The "old" SAP BW connection is hidden from Lumira 1.27. Is that the connection you are using?

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow me on Twitter (#SAPLumira)

Got Enhancement ideas? Use the SAP Idea Place 

james_batchelor2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

No I downloaded the new extension.  The old way was gone once I installed.

I am currently struggling with the use right now...it is very unstable. 

I am leveraging our BI4.1 SP4 platform connections to BW.

Many refuse to connect...and the ones that do, will not refresh after bringing in the first time.

If I get data in, the manipulation is great.  Far cry from where it was before.  Finally useful.

If I am seeing odd behavior..suggestions?  uninstall/install everything?

thanks!

james

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi James - I tried it out, it is working for me  - refresh shows no errors, just success

Did you also install the 1.27 Lumira BIP add-on?  I did that earlier this morning and no issues

james_batchelor2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Tammy,

We have not deployed the addon yet.  I am just looking to see if the BW connectivity was even worth trying to setup platform level saving/viewing.

We are also running Linux as an OS for our BOBJ install...so we couldnt deploy the addon without setting a windows box and connecting in the addon to our Linux CMC.

I am going to try a removal and install from a 1.27 complete install instead of the update I ran to get to 1.27.

james