Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MRP area

venkat_v
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello

My customer wants to create two mrp area (for sub contracting ) for 2 different plant for a vendor.

Kindly pour some ideas on this topic,

Venkat

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

This is not possible. Each MRP area should belong to one specific plant.

venkat_v
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you for your reply.

Then i want to know that a vendor supplies materials for two different plants.

In this scenario how mrp area can be created for the said vendor.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Venkat,

As Caetano suggested, MRP Area would be specific to a plant and hence you will have to create them separately for each plant even though the vendor is same for both.

Br,

Raghu

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member196530
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

You need to create two different MRP area assigned specific plants even though they have common vendor .

You can also carry out planning for components to be provided in subcontracting using an

MRP area by defining an MRP area for every subcontractor and assigning the components to be

provided to the MRP area of the subcontractor. You therefore plan the requirements to be

provided for these components for one subcontractor separately from all other requirements.

Depending on the requirements situation, the system creates either stock transfer reservations

from the plant to the stock of material provided of the subcontractor or it creates purchase

requisitions within subcontracting/third-party order processing, according to the special

procurement key settings.

Check the settings in SAP123 - Using MRP Areas

Regards

JH

venkat_v
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello consultants,

Thank you for your inputs.

As suggested created different mrp area for each plant ,issue resolved.

Hence i am closing this topic now.