Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

transaction OAC0 (content repositories setup) - additional customization fields

former_member248250
Discoverer
0 Kudos
My customer would appreciate a response to the following technical question:

Background:

The command „%HTTPS“ within transaction "OAC0" (Content Repository Setup and Admin) allows to display and amend additional customization fields (both HTTPS on frontend and HTTPs on backend mode).

4 different options are being offered as followed:

• No HTTPS

• HTTPS possible

• HTPPS preferred

• HTTPS required

„No HTTPS“ und „HTTPS required“ are fully self-explanatory.

BUT what are the differences and technical consequenes/constraints once choosing "HTTPS possible" or "HTPPS preferred", please?

Thank you for any help you can provide.

Kind regards,

Ralf

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

janosdezsi
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

you have to put it in the ok-code field (where you enter the transactions) after you call oac0.

Regards,

Janos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Perfect, thank you!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ralf:

I have a question for you. You have said, used the command %HTTPS. Can you help me understand exactly where in OAC0 you define this parameter or the exact path to get to the customization portion of OAC0.

Thank you

Uzair Rashid

janosdezsi
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Dear Ralf,

please check note 712330:

The original intention was to allow different access modes on the front end and the back end. However, when applied in a practical way, this differentiation is not important. In addition, it may not be known if the URL is to be used on the front end or the back end when it is created. Therefore, if you want to use HTTPS, we recommend that you set both options to "HTTPS required".

The only code I could find is in Subroutine Pool SCMS, FORM SEC_FIND_PROTOCOL. Please review it and it might give you a hint what is the difference between 1 - HTTPS possible and 2 - HTTPS oreferred.

Best regards,

Janos