Installation of custom components manually
because the client-side Design Studio envirment is running on a terminal server and Dashboard Designer should not be respoinsible for installing/updating of custom components, our client likes to create some kind of 'installation/update script' which automatically installs/updates the chosen custom components for a certain user.
For that, I need to know how to install an extension manually (with copy/paste of files & edit of file-content).
What I know so far:
- All responsible files for custom addons can be found in the Analysis-config folder within the user files.
- The generated plugin.jar goes into Analysis-config/plugin folder
- The generated feature.jar has to be unzipped and goes into Analysis-config/features folder
- The generated artifact.jar has to be unzipped and the 2 artifacts of the custom component within the XML go into the Analysis-config/artifact.xml file
- In addition here: the feature-artifact of the custom component gets the following new attribute
<property name='artifact.folder' value='true'/>
- Within the Analysis-config/config/org.eclipse.update/platform.xml file you have to add a new entry for the feature and its meta information
That's all I know so far.
However, if I follow the steps above (which I found out by myself), my addon does not appear within the Design Studio envirment as a new, custom component. If I install the add-on via the regular way (tools -> install custom extension) everything works fine.
Anyone likes to share his / her experience with such scripts / ideas ?
Thanks and kind regards