SAP BO Analysis for MS client SSO problem
We are trying to configure an SSO connection for Analysis workbooks storing at BI Platform.
We have a situation when user opens an Analysis workbook from BI Launchpad, then window appears prompting login credentials to BW. Our goal is open Analysis workbooks without any prompting.
We've checked SSO for WEBI reports and it works fine!
Our BI system version: 4.1 SP 5, patch 6
Analysis 1.4 SP 12
1. A keystore was configured and certificates were generated according to wiki document Generate keystore and certificate for SAP BO BI4.0 - Business Intelligence (BusinessObjects) - SCN Wiki
2. Imported sertificates into SAP BO and Netweaver (000 mandant) accoring to wiki document Import SAP BO BI4.0 certificate into SAP BW - Business Intelligence (BusinessObjects) - SCN Wiki
3. In SAP BO a STS was configured for Adaptive Processing Server according to wiki document Setting up SAP SSO using the Security Token Service (STS) - Business Intelligence (BusinessObjects) - SCN Wiki
4. Reload SIA (Server Intelligence Agent)
5. Profile parameters are:
login/accept_sso2_ticket = 1
login/create_sso2_ticket = 2
6. SAP authentication was configured
7. Imported roles from BW and for Enterprise user configured BW aliases.
8. As data source for Analysis workbook we use OLAP-connections (type SSO).
Also we checked the system time on both the BOE and BW systems are the same according to the note 1834063.
Also there is KBA 1768868 - "What is SAP Business Objects Analysis and what SSO options are available" wherein said:
"There are two ways of using SSO with Analysis for MS Office:
1. Using the Analysis for Excel tool directly on a client machine using SNC (SNC needs to installed and configured on each client).
2. Integrating Analysis for Office tools with Business Objects. - In our case we should use this approach.
In this scenario, the Analysis for Excel reports are being saved in the Launchpad/Infoview.
The users login to the Infoview using the SAP login ID. Then theyopen the reports with SSO enabled.
In order to achieve SSO with Business Objects BI 4.0, the following criteria must be met :
a) SAP authentication should be configured - DONE.
b) In CMC set OLAP-Connections to SSO type - DONE.
c) With BI 4.0, the user doesn't need to own a user account in the BW system. They can use the login credential embedded with the data
source in Analysis.
Can somebode explaine с) point?
Do we need to configure a SNC between BO and BW?
Thanks to SAP support we discovred that our steps were right, but some something happened with certificates.
We used Fiddler - a free web debbuging proxy while open Analysis workbook. It shows us an error:
The keystore contains no entry for alias "BIP"...
I assume that an error occurred while certificates were generating.
For the purity of the experiment, we removed the previous certificates, created new one and re-import them into BW (000 client).
Concerning KBA 1768868 - we use second approach in our case.
We didn't configure SNC for BI Platform 4.x and higher - only STS (Security Token Service).