cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SY-UNAME in portal does not get the current login user

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have a problem in the portal of SRM 7.13 which I have an enhancement to show the organization for the logging user. The problem is the SY-UNAME does not return the current user in the following scnario:

I if I login into the portal by user A the SY-UNAME will return A. But, when I logoff then login with user B the SY-UNAME will return A not B!!

It is working fine only if I close the browser and open the portal again for IE or Chrome . Can any one help me with this problem to retrieve the current user name.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any one have an idea?

harsha_jalakam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi AbdelQader,

are you checking it on SAP portal?If yes, then are some notes which are to be applied if the portal log-off doesnt properly(doesnt end the session in the backend) and also check with the basis team , with regards to this.

Regards,

Harsha

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes the problem in sap portal for SRM

former_member197475
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is not actually a problem but yes in some case.

So whenever you have logged off from your current session in your browser, your browser will always take the previously logged in user, as the java compiler takes it from the buffer. It will be cleared unless you do delete your session cookies if you are in the same session.

And similarly it will work fine, if you open your browser in a new session or else in different browser. Because the browser compiler considers now as a new login user.

Also please do the below activities. It might help too.

1. Make the property of ABAP HTTP Security Sessions Enabled to True in your portal content.

2. Activate the logoff service from your backend SICF once.

3. Check for SAP Note 1717945

BR,

RAM.