cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Distribution channel material master data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

I want to ask you please some questions about distribution channel because I'm a little bit confused.

1 - So if I understood well the meaning of distribution channel , can we have the following list of values :

2 - If we choose for example export , do we have to enter informations related to export for example price ....

Thanks .

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Marouane,

Cash sale 30 is not a distribution channel

Think of a way to distribute material, e-sale, wholesale, retail etc. are distribution channels. Cash sale is a process, as commented by Jiaul.

You need to read the SD theory related to distribution channel, sales area, pricing. On the other hand, think of real life cases, for example if you sell a laptop online, then for pricing you need to give for X model laptop for this distribution channel online $ is the price and so on.

TW

former_member184771
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Marouane,

For 1 : Distribution channel mean the channel through which we reach to the customers.

In other words it can be also described as the strategy though which business reaches to their customer.

For 2: Yes, details like pricing, customers, material etc. get charges by distribution channel, it’s totally depend on the kind of business process you are in.

Hope this will help you to understand better an addition of Rahul Post.

Thanks.

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Really that's what I expected , I just want to know where can I enter details like pricing, customers, material etc ?

former_member196530
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can enter the pricing , customer , material in Sales order level  IN VA01

RahulHanda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Marouane

Go through the below link to understand this better.

SD Pricing overview - ERP SD - SCN Wiki

regards

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

I mean informations related to distribution channel , for example if i choose one distribution channel price and shipping will be generated automatically is this possible ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

please maintained price for customer and material in T.code OVKK and also maintain price for the material in T.code VK11 system will automatically pick price in sales order

thanks

former_member196530
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

It would be good if you post your query in SD forum .How ever , to answer to you query -

DC  means through which products and services reach the customer. So, it’s responsible for:

• Defines responsibilities
  • Helps in achieve flexible pricing
  • Differentiate Sales statistics

Now , in your case

Export can be in DC .Trader can be in Partner Function .Cash sales - a spate Documents Type in Sales Order .

Hope this will help you decide the No 2 points .

Regards

JH

RahulHanda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Marouane

I would suggest you to go through the below link to get an overview of distribution channel.

Distribution channel - Basic Functions and Master Data in SD Processing (SD-BF) - SAP Library

Organizational Structure: Distribution Channel - SAP Retail - SAP Library

For second question - one product could be sold with different channels example e-commerce and direct sale. It could be business sells with e-commerce with more price as will include shipping cost and for direct sales no shipping cost (as an example). This would then come from price conditions. So it totally depends what is the difference between the two, what impact they have and what information is necessary for the same.

I hope this will resolve your query.

Regards

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you , so for example if it's e-commerce where can I enter for the price and shipping cost ?

RahulHanda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Marouane,

It's maintained in conditions (VV11/12) for sales orders just as an example. I would recommend you to get in touch with SD consultant before you start using the same in productive environment.

Regards

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marouane,

Distribution channel is somthing that's related to Sales & Distribution. It is maintained to determine the channel that is used to sell goods or services to customer. eg wholesale, retail etc...

I believe you will get better explanation from SD experts if you open a thread in below forum

Regards,

Rohit