cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP PI connecting to Windows SMB share

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

My requirement is SAP PI system has to transfer the files(Receiver file adapter) to Windows SMB share.Our PI server is running in Windows OS.

We are planning to use File adapter.How to achieve this?Where to configure username and password.Is there any adapter modules exist?Please provide your suggestion and various options available.Receiver system doesnt support FTP.

Regards,

Karthiga

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Does any one has the solution for this requirement.SAP PI needs to connect to SMB fileshare.

Mounting or mapping the network drive is not feasible in our case.one option is writing the customized module.Anyone tried connecting to SMB fileshare through SAP PI.

Regards,

Karthiga

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karhiga,

If the Windows SMB is in the same network that your PI, your basis can mount its directory accessible via NFS to the PI.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Target windows SMB is not in the same network of PI.How security achieved in case of file adapter (NFS).Any modules available to configure username and pwd?

Regards,

Karthiga

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kathiga,

AFAIK if you want to transfer files you only can use File adapter (NFS or FTP), SFTP adapter, or SOAP AXIS with transport protocol File (Axis) (i haven't tried this option and i'm not sure that it can be used in your case). May be you can do your own adapter, but the problem will persist, because you will need accessibility from PI.

I think the problem is in the basis configuration, the basis + infraestructure team have to make the SMB endpoint accessible for the PI user "SAPService<SID>".

Check the question 38 in this note  821267 - FAQ: XI 3.0 / PI 7.0 / PI 7.1 / PI 7.3 File Adapter

Regards.

former_member183908
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if your target does not support FTP then place the file in your PI local folder using NFS and write script which will pick the file from PI local folder to your remote SMB share.

Thats the only option you have for now.

Thanks

former_member183908
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

but even i don't think script will also help you since your target application does not support FTP.May be some application from SMB share should pick the file from PI local folder.

Thanks