cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to post invoice(MIR6) because of error S:AT:051 IV Already posted for accepted Qty

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Team,

This is about an issue where user is trying to  post IV via t code MIR6. He is getting an error with a description:Error:S:AT:051 IV Already posted for accepted Qty i.e. 0.000.

Process:

1. PO creation

2. GR

3. QE51-  Result recording and defect recording.Here user does the result recording with a confirmation as 1.

4. QA32-  Here user first rejected  the lot and placed the quantity in blocked stock storage location xxxx.

5. SAP generates a material document in the background via movement type 350.

6. So now material is present in the block stock. When user tries doing MIR6 system issues a message that IV  cannot be done as quantity is rejected. This is right technically.

7. Now user then decides to re accept it by changing the UD to ACCEPT . However no stock posting is possible as it was already posted to block stock when it was rejected for the first time. User then transfers the stock to unrestricted use via  MB1B transfer posting  343 movement type.

So now when i do he MIR6 system issues me the message Error:S:AT:051 IV Already posted for accepted Qty i.e. 0.000..

How can i redefine the new process so that these kind of particular cases are resolved

regards,
S

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't think this is a QM issue at all really and I don't think there is any issue with your system or the process, (at least most of it).

I would have your purchasing and payment people look at this closer.

1 - I wouldn't be surprised if there is a manual block on the invoice. Have they looked at the invoice for blocks, (MIR4) or run the blocked worklist, (MRBR)?

2 - Are you sure no user exits have been put in play at the client?  It almost looks like the invoice is verifying what QM posted to UR stock and wants to only produce payment against that amount.  I don't think that is standard SAP.  I think maybe someone utilized a user exit or something to do this verification.  Since you posted from QM to blocked stock it doesn't see what was moved to UR.

If it's doing a special check, you need to look at that code and modify it to address this situation.  Maybe something that allows purchasing to put some kind of a special code in to ignore the check.

I wouldn't be so quick to try and reverse the stock posting.  It's not a good practice.  The stock was processed properly to start with.

In the future, you might want to change the process to add a UD called something like "QI" for Quality Investigation".   You make the UD, but no stockposting, thus leaving the stock in QI until a decision is made for the material.  The UD allows the insp. lot to fall of the daily work list.  The stock stays in QI.  When the investigation is complete, change the UD as appropriate and post the stock as appropriate.

Craig

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Was this resolved?  It is always nice to explain the final resolution.

Craig 

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This error message is not among the error messages in T100 table. So I think it is not a standard SAP message which would usually start with a M8 in case of messages in invoice verification.

I suggest you execute SE91, enter the message number there and click the button for where-used to find the program, which is then probably a Z program. Here display the program and select from menu Utilities > Versions > Version management to see the user Id who has last changed the program. Then get in contact with them

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi SS,

Please try to use a simplified approach for your issue here. Please can you model your business case in 'DEV' or "QUA' system with above details and do the below things -

a) Activate inspection type "08" for your material master => QM view, with stock type "Post to QI stock", in case if your stock is still in blocked stock. If you have removed some stock using MvT 343, try to add that stock to blocked stock by MvT 344, to try the below process.

b) In config, please check the node ===> Quality Management => Quality Inspection => Inspection Lot Creation => Inspection for Goods Movements => Deactivate Quality Inspection for a Movement Type => QM not active = "BLANK". If this check is filled, then uncheck it, to generate inspection lot.

c) Execute MB1B/MvT 349 to post the blocked material form Blocked stock to Quality stock. When inspection lot is created, put UD = A and your material will be available in 'Unrestricted stock'.

d) Try MIR6 to post invoice against the stock.

Let me know if this situation is working for your or you are getting some other issues.

Thanks,

Arijit

Message was edited by: Arijit Banerjee

Message was edited by: Arijit Banerjee

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arijit, I have a doubt here!

Will SAP allow to post invoice based on UD of 08 inspection type lot? I guess it has dependency over the original inspection lot that was generated by 101 movement against PO. Or do we have some kind of relation here with 08 type lot and original lot?

Anand

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

Yes, your understanding is correct and really sorry for the inconvenience. It will not work as it will miss the PO link for MIRO!! I misread the requirement here

Thanks for pointing out!!

Arijit

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I see 2 choices here!

1. Immediate solution -  Implement SAP note 175842 as Arunkumar suggests which will bring the stock from block to quality inspection. And then hopefully you would be able to post MIRO or further transaction. But kindly note - This SAP note should not be used as regular practice to move the stock or to correct such manual errors.
  2. Long Term Solution -  May be you should use exit LMR1M001 and develop the custom logic  to address such dynamic situations. System should not be robust while designing the logic that it would never have some space for reversals. May be you can mention in the code that if UD is accepted then allow full invoice posting. This is just an example. You can incorporate many conditions to decide when invoice should be blocked and on which conditions it should allow,  considering your business dynamics.

Anand

arunsapqm
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

SAP std after UD (QA32) & stock posting,system will not allow to do reversal,better try to implement this note 175842,to reversal of UD then stock also reverse from Block to QA,that time you can execute MIR6 transcation.

Note ; Check with ABAPer To implement this Note & create Z transaction for reversal of inspection lot UD ,this Ztcode will help you in future also.

or else try with MBST canecl the material documet

Thanks & Regards,